Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run >

Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

Notices

Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

Old 08-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent Boatpix.com the registration list of everybody who was in the the poker run. They requested everybodys address, boat name, etc. They are new to me so I'm not sure if they will now contact us direct or not. They told me up front that they work off the information in the pictures itself for filing and the boat owner goes on line and fills in the info form and the pics will be located.
John
Old 08-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

It's my understanding that they need time time to process the pics and place on the website for viewing and ordering...

Next year, now that we've got idea's/info we didn't have until late in the planning phase, we'll be doing the video sales and some other festive things. This will depend on pre-registration/ordering details...

Also, poker hand tallying logistics will be different to facilitate expediancy as well. This year was the learning curve and thermometer for stepping up the volume next year. Party location could very well move down the street to the East Bay Marina too...

A lot of hard work and out of pocket expenses by John A. (Super Hawaii) and dedicated volunteer effort despite the A+ personality crowd, were put into this years event. Next week we actually start lessons learned meetings and pushing towards the planning schedule for next year's event. We'll be taking hits and miss' from all who participated in order to improve....

Okay Richmond, it looks like a Sand Pit event and Labor
day at Kerr Reservoir (Buggs Island Lake) yet to be done before the summer's over......
Old 08-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

This being my first year doing the Richmond PR I can attest to the fact that 'copters are a pain in the butt. Especially having to deal with all of the tapes/DVDs. When you figure the tapes cost about $65 per hand sold you have to wonder if it's worth it.

I'm already booked at Kerr for labor day - site 229 Wed thru Monday. I'm also striving towards another trip down your way August 23rd-25th.

Pablo sent me this pic - an 80-yr-old man (my dad - born 1922) holding on for dear life at idle. Of course, this was after the Ocean segment. Anybody else ever taken someone this age on a Poker Run?
Attached Thumbnails Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run-dad.jpg  
Old 08-06-2002, 04:37 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Hey Cig, I heard when he got off for the day at lunch it was because he kept saying "faster, faster!" running down the oceanfront, but you either wouldn't or couldn't....

Yeah, the video part is probably the toughest to pull off. We really want to do it, but as you say, cost per hand with upfront payment is a tough thing to swing with a young event...
Old 08-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Default BEST YET!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great run!!!!!!!!! Look forward to next year!!!! 103K raised for cancer research. BZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 01:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey VELOCITEASE sorry to here the problem wan't fixed, hope you make the velocity run. I hope I have an invitation for the midnight cruise, the sample was pretty good, can we count that as your payment for the short tow, "LOL" hope you make the run this weekend. We look forward to boating with all the Richmond people again.
Tommy

Last edited by Offshoreracr; 08-08-2002 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Reck said: "Hey Cig, I heard when he got off for the day at lunch it was because he kept saying "faster, faster!" running down the oceanfront, but you either wouldn't or couldn't.... "

Hmm - trying to think back to Saturday - wasn't that the part of the course that I was ahead of you by a few miles? With an 80-yr old man in the boat?
Old 08-07-2002, 07:54 AM
wms

LMFAO

Old 08-07-2002, 10:37 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Doooooh!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

"Doooooh!!!"

Is that another way of saying "Diplomacy is saying nice doggy......until you find a rock"?

You don't keep rocks in your boat, do you?

Quick Reply: Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.