Notices

Crash at Lake Cumberland?

Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sad day to say the least. I didn't know Jeff but I worked with Brad on a pair of 700's that he built for my boat. No doubt he was a stand up guy, in fact I looked down today from hearing this and was wearing my Smith Power T-shirt. God bless both families....
Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 247 Likes on 113 Posts

May they rest and peace and be with God.

Stephen

Last edited by Griff; 09-10-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I was completely heart broken when I heard the news on Saturday morning, after seeing the other video I chalked it up to an accident. We all know the risks involved in this or any other form of motorsport, but after seeing this video I'm pissed!

I barely knew Brad, but each time I spoke with him his knowledge, passion and humility was evident. I met Jeff once at Shangri-La marina while we were both getting fuel, I can count on one hand how many times the owner of that caliber of boat not only took the time to check out my Baja but also complimented it as well.

My thoughts are with the family's.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Registered

In my opinion, Brad and Jeff should be considered hero's by steering to the left to avoid a collision with the boat that crossed in front of them and technically the boat on the right has the right away at any speed. Brad and Jeff were on the right and had the right away. They took their lives to save others. RIP guys you are hero's in my book.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Default Crash

This is a terrible accident. I Pray for the families and friends of these two men. After seeing the second video I am sick. We have run several Poker Runs and I know how you can get into the situation with nowhere to go. RIP

Last edited by bripar77; 09-09-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

This is a horrible accident, but keep in mind it was just that. We are part of a fast boating community and we are the minority. Not everyone in the boating world pays attention to fast boats or their schedule of events. Affixing blame or pointing fingers isnt going to bring anyone back or justify anything. Watching any of these videos is saddening, however angles and foreshortening can make things appear different than they really are. Just keep the families in your thoughts and hope and help them through this tough time with your support and not fingerpointing.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Just got back home from a weekend on the water , what a shock to see this . Our heartfelt prayers go out to the family's . We are all diminished by the loss of these two men who laid down their lives to save others . Godspeed cat brothers .
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Completely tragic accident. Godspeed to the both and I've been praying for their families.

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
This is a horrible accident, but keep in mind it was just that. We are part of a fast boating community and we are the minority. Not everyone in the boating world pays attention to fast boats or their schedule of events.
I didn't want to say it but since you did, I agree. People who enjoy performance boating are a minority in the overall boating picture. Even considered a nuisance by many.

Case in point...

While I work with many boaters, most are fishing guys and I'm the lone "performance" boater. Before I headed to Kentucky lake (first time there) for a fun run with 7 friends going with me , the fishing guys who own property on KY Lake gave me maps and some pointers/advice. We had a blast and when I got back I showed my co-workers the videos we had taken. While we cruised 50mph in a spaced out fashion, my co-workers said we were lucky we didn't get shot at by the fishing boats we passed by in the video in the main channel. They said that the "good ol boys" do not like big, loud boats throwing wakes, messing up their day fishing, and are unwanted on the lake in general by many.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Prayers for the family and God Speed to the men involved.

I have a home on lake Cumberland and on the water every weekend. I love sitting on the deck and watching those early morning runs by the go fast guys.

There are an enormous amount of people in this area that love it too, the reason for such a huge spectator turnout.

With that many people around the chance of inconsiderate boaters or just plain fools goes through the roof. The water conditions at poker run become insane andI can only imagine how hard it must be to run in it.

These men were obviously professionals and my sincere apologies for the conditions they are asked to run in.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Just saw these guys at LOTO! Someone needs to find the boat that cut in front of them! What a Shame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.