Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What’s VA Beach like, Possibly moving from ST Louis… (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30278-what%92s-va-beach-like-possibly-moving-st-louis%85.html)

boot 08-06-2002 12:43 PM

I try to visit Virginia beach at least once a year . It is real nice . Wouldn't mind living there myself !

Reckless32 08-06-2002 02:56 PM

Secret 233
When you decide to come and visit let me know (757-615-1855) and I'll set a Friday/Saturday night at our fave hang out O'Leary's (and fello HRPA member) to yack it up about the area. In addition to Vype's and Bill's comments above, the proximity to so many diversified places is unmatched, except maybe southern CA., i.e. outer banks NC, D.C., the smokey-mountains, NJ, NY, Fla., HUGE Kerr Reservoir, Jamestown and the James River, Yorktown and the York River, secluded VA eastern shore & associated islands, etc. etc. Not to mention the numerous festivals/concerts that go on all summer/winter long with many accessible by boat....

In my opinion, no where in the mid-west (major metro-area's, I'm from Cincinnati) can give as much diversity, low crime living and plain historical exposure as this area. You're two hours from Kill Devil Hills, Cape Hatteras, and the First Flight Memorial of the Wright brothers. Yada-yada-yada!!

Oh, and did I mention probably the finest selection of waters to boat on the coast....??

To me it's a no-brainer...

Secret F233 08-06-2002 05:46 PM

Thanks Rick it's sounding like a dream land can't wait to check it out. I'll post again once i get home tonight thanks for the info :)

DONZIMAN2 08-06-2002 10:56 PM

NO PLACE BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Having spent the last 28 years in the navy I can say the greatest place I have ever been is VA BCH. I have lived overseas and in many states. This state has a lot to offer. If you need any info we can send you a relocation package. Good luck on your promotion. The HRPA can always use a few more friends and boaters. See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offshoreracr 08-07-2002 02:18 AM

Hey Secret. COME ON DOWN! The only thing we are lacking is a FEW MORE GO-FAST BOATERS. You will never go back.

wms 08-07-2002 07:47 AM

Dude, like you said, it's definitely a no brainer! I have moved away many times and ALWAYS found myself wanting to move back. So now I am here to stay. I am one of the northenders that Dave mentioned. I have a killer condo about two blocks from the oceanfront at 37th Street and the boat is safely stored in one of the boatels inside Lynnhaven Inlet. It just does not get any better than that!

Give Robin a call. She will hook you up. And definitely let us know when you get in town so we can all get together!

HRPA Rocks!!

Reckless32 08-07-2002 10:43 AM

We'll be waiting to hear from ya Secret....:)

Sydwayz 08-07-2002 12:10 PM

UGH! I am going to have to stop reading this thread, becuse it is starting to hurt. I kindled and rekindled a relationship with a girl in Chesapeake, and nearly moved down to Tidewater twice. Her parents run the TW Personal Watercraft Club, (don't laugh, they have a place on the water). I knew I liked the area alot, but this girl was going to be the main reason for moving. After she became a realtor, and began working ALL weekend, I knew she and I would never work out, to be boat people and all. Now I am having thoughts of re-investigating the area on my own! My boss won't let me move to Florida yet, (have to be close to DC), but VA Beach might be OK!!

Audiofn 08-07-2002 12:33 PM

I have a friend that moved from St. Luis to VA Beach and absolutely loves it.

Jon

wms 08-07-2002 01:42 PM

Originally posted by wms
I have a killer condo about two blocks from the oceanfront at 37th Street and the boat is safely stored in one of the boatels inside Lynnhaven Inlet. It just does not get any better than that!
I should have added - it does not get any better unless you have a house on Bay Island with the boat floating (or hanging) in the back yard. Right Reckless and DONZIMAN??

:D