Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why are LCPR threads being locked? >

Why are LCPR threads being locked?

Notices

Why are LCPR threads being locked?

Old 09-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just as every member has the right to post their thoughts on these threads, the families have every right to read the threads. Since this is a reality, we should all exercise restraint.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
the Stickers and donations? I agree its pretty tasteless. These are not a poor people, donate to a cause or something in there name? maybe but assumptions are made when you play with 1/2million dollar boats that you can afford a memorial serves.
So respect? sure I agree. Probably should not be name calling them, but talking about issues and being edited and closed is BS> this Forums CENSORSHIP is what pissing me off.
So, you are privy to the families' financial situations? I certainly am not. The only voluntary donations being collected at this point are for the Bradley Smith Children's trust fund. The boat in the accident was Jeff's, not Brad's. Brad was a self-employed engine builder.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
So, you are privy to the families' financial situations? I certainly am not. The only voluntary donations being collected at this point are for the Bradley Smith Children's trust fund. The boat in the accident was Jeff's, not Brad's. Brad was a self-employed engine builder.

As I stated it was an assumption. but again I would bet ANYONE playing, driving, riding on that calaber boat, that was at the poker run, can afford certain things. basic facts ---- the poor people in this world are not the ones are power boat poker runs.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=mittens;3993366

the Stickers and donations? I agree its pretty tasteless. These are not a poor people, donate to a cause or something in there name? maybe but assumptions are made when you play with 1/2million dollar boats that you can afford a memorial serves.
.[/QUOTE]

Your are the one that is tasteless. The stickers are being asked for as a Show of respect by friends of Brad and Jeff.
Brads wife asked that friends who are attending the funeral were the shirts, she NEVER asked anyone to buy them. Most already have them and those that don't, want to buy them, again as a show of repect for one the best engine builder to ever turn a wrench.
While Brad was a good friend, I would never guess about his Financial status as you have. But he was the engine builder and throttleman in this situation and not the boat owner.
And don't tell me where I should donate my money like some Obama nut hugger. Brad was a friend and a Great guy who left a widow and three kids doing what we love. I can't think of a better place to make a donation. And we are doing it out of RESPECT.
So why don't you stop making ASSUMPTIONS, about people you don't know.

Michael

Last edited by 44MTI; 09-12-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Registered

As I stated it was an assumption. but again I would bet ANYONE playing, driving, riding on that calaber boat, that was at the poker run, can afford certain things. basic facts ---- the poor people in this world are not the ones are power boat poker runs.
You, sir, are a complete idiot. You obviously have never owned your own business and further have NO grasp on what it actually takes to succeed in this world financially!
I'm sure you take your paycheck and go home, never giving ONE thought about what it cost to pay utilities, taxes, insurance, payroll, supplies, depreciation, etc. Engine builders are not rock stars that have people throwing money at them for no reason, they work for a living turning wrenches!
Take your petty jealousy elsewhere and quit posting idiotic statements about someone's financial situation that you know nothing about!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

If anyone made a bunch of stupid stickers and tshirts when I bite the big one, ill be pissed. Not that it matters at that point.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have many good friends that ride with me that can't afford fuel for our boat. Yet they boat with us all the time That's not a good assumption.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Those were pretty tasteless comments (and assumptions) about any family, much less one in mourning. I think you should delete that post, and think about why it's way out of hand.

Given the videos and videos of the past, discussing equipment changes and modifications is mental masturbation designed to convince people that they don't have to change their own behavior. The fact that some videos in question were so overboard reckless, probably prompted those drivers to whine and complain, LOUDLY. But those videos were seen, and have been seen across the country.

There were no equipment problems, just outrageously dangerous behavior. While OSO can and will be lobbied by those that have an "in", Far more people know how they roll now than just a week ago. They know that inattention to this behavior will curtail their boating activities at some point in the future. Many that have families saw those actions for what they are, life-threatening.

There's nothing complicated about safety in these runs. There are several examples now of well-run organizations that know how to weed out the problems. Ironically, most of the discussion was generated from videos that had nothing to do with that accident. But it was that attention that got the most reaction, probably from those on camera.

Concentrate on those problem videos, and you'll not need to worry about advanced engineering problems, only bad behavior.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o
I have many good friends that ride with me that can't afford fuel for our boat. Yet they boat with us all the time That's not a good assumption.
That would cover me, blessed to have great friends that take me out on boats worth more than everything I will ever own..
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, thank you for posting up the reason I appreciate it.

I am the thread starter, and welcome the topic. Its the internet, free and clear. I understand that we can be respectful about the topic, and hope other posters will be, but the locking and deleting of threads over a subject matter that is 100% SPOT ON for the forum is ridiculous.
To anyone wondering about the last thread "Lake Cumberland and the Blame Game". I am the originator of that thread and I requested that it be locked. While I agree with MITTENS that we should be able to talk about what happened, my thread was started to ignite discussion about how to solve the common thread of the past 5 fatalities; the blow-over. What happened was a lot of people being disrespectful, uninformed and downright rude and sometimes mean-spirited posting nonsense that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.