Brad Smith/ Jeff Asbell T-Shirt Idea >

Brad Smith/ Jeff Asbell T-Shirt Idea

Notices

Brad Smith/ Jeff Asbell T-Shirt Idea

Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Brad Smith/ Jeff Asbell T-Shirt Idea

Figured I'd start a new thread for this since the other LCPR threads keep getting off topic. Some people were talking about having Smith Power shirts made in memory of Jeff and Brad. I thought it would be a good idea to have the smith Power logo on one side, and Jeff's boat on the other. Im not in the T Shirt business but im sure someone here is that can help get this to the next step? Made this real quick in photo shop with a combination of the decal that someone (cant remember their name now, sorry!) and the picture Jay took of Jeff and Brad on Saturday shortly before the accident. This is just a thought of one design that someone in the shirt business could make...
Attached Thumbnails Brad Smith/ Jeff Asbell T-Shirt Idea-brad-jeff-shirt.jpg  
Old 09-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea because it will bring awareness to some issues our hobby is facing and it could be an avenue to help out the families of Brad and Jeff. A few caveats if I may... and I will state in advance that I am not passing judgment about what happened Saturday as I was 200 miles away coaching a youth football game...

1) The production of any decals, shirts, memorial runs, naming of events, etc... for these guys should have the blessings of those they left behind as to not unintentionally induce further pain into an already bad situation.

2) The proceeds from the use of their names or images (boat or otherwise) should go to trust funds set up for the families or the charity of their choice.

3) I would try to incorporate something good for the future... For instance... In order to purchase and wear the memorial shirt (perhaps being sold at Poker Run XYZ), you must agree to sign a pledge to follow the rules of Poker Run XYZ, operate your boat in a safe and sober manner, and promote safe operation among other powerboaters as well. Hopefully, we can come together as a boating community and form a consensus on what exactly safe powerboating is or is not.

If we're lucky enough to have a run at Cumberland next year, I think it would be great to have 200+ shirts on participants that both symbolize we're trying to help the families of those left behind and that we're dedicated to promoting a safe event and safe boating.

Last edited by chewymalone; 09-12-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
I like the idea because it will bring awareness to some issues our hobby is facing and it could be an avenue to help out the families of Brad and Jeff. A few caveats if I may... and I will state in advance that I am not passing judgment about what happened Saturday as I was 200 miles away coaching a youth football game...

1) The production of any decals, shirts, memorial runs, naming of events, etc... for these guys should have the blessings of those they left behind as to not unintentionally induce further pain into an already bad situation.

2) The proceeds from the use of their names or images (boat or otherwise) should go to trust funds set up for the families or the charity of their choice.

3) I would try to incorporate something good for the future... For instance... In order to purchase and wear the memorial shirt (perhaps being sold at Poker Run XYZ), you must agree to sign a pledge to follow the rules of Poker Run XYZ, operate your boat in a safe and sober manner, and promote safe operation among other powerboaters as well. Hopefully, we can come together as a boating community and form a consensus on what exactly safe powerboating is or is not.

If we're lucky enough to have a run at Cumberland next year, I think it would be great to have 200+ shirts on participants that both symbolize we're trying to help the families of those left behind and that we're dedicated to promoting a safe event and safe boating.
#1 and #2 above have already been addressed. Krissy has mentioned #1 is a great idea and a trust fund has already been set up for Brad Smith's kids.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

I am working with a few people now to get the artwork done and will post pictures of shirts to be made when this is done. Very similar artwork to the ones premier power has posted. They will be top quality dry fit shirts price to be determined with ALL proceeds going to the fund set up for Brads kids. If you know you will want some I will need sizes and quantitys to help get the initial order going.
Thanks Jim
Old 09-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Seemed like there was a website set up for more info on how to donate to the trust, etc, perhaps incorporate the web address in smaller letters on the back of the shirt under the picture so that people who see others wearing the shirt can find out more info themselves?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterjim
I am working with a few people now to get the artwork done and will post pictures of shirts to be made when this is done. Very similar artwork to the ones premier power has posted. They will be top quality dry fit shirts price to be determined with ALL proceeds going to the fund set up for Brads kids. If you know you will want some I will need sizes and quantitys to help get the initial order going.
Thanks Jim
I would be highly interested in a shirt or 2 for sure if they are to be made. just let me know who or when to contact about sizes or what not.

I really hope some all around awareness comes from this tragedy, and I wish the best for all the families and friends who were personally affected by this tragic loss. I have suffered an unexpected tragic loss of a loved family member (my mother) and understand the pain and heartache it can and does cause. I will be for sure putting stickers on my boat and will be donating to the children's fund as well.

thoughts and prays.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Interested as well. I'll see what comes from this.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

I will say the smith logo needs to be made in the same materials as originaly used in all his shirts, thats something that i think must happen.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LV
I will say the smith logo needs to be made in the same materials as originaly used in all his shirts, thats something that i think must happen.
+1
Old 09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered

Premier, First off I would like to personally thank you for the idea on the memorial T-shirts.
It is a very tragic event and we all have lost a very close friend in the power-boating community. I had the honor of spending the last night with Brad and Jeff on our houseboat in Cumberland. They were close friends and I will cherish that forever.

As far as the T-shirts And stickers Brad's long time designer And his wife Krissy Are already working on them. I was contacted today to ask If they can design the shirts And use there design as a standard. I was also asked if any designs could please go through and be approved by Krissy or Dynamite Graphix in Joplin it would be greatly appreciated.

All proceeds after the cost of material will go to brads children's trust fund.

Thank you guys for understanding. Hopefully our community can come together and flood this company with T- shirt orders.

They can be contacted @ 417-438-9742 Dynamite Graphix
ask for Kaitlin

They also have Smith power T-shirts for sale, Again with the proceeds after cost of material going to the children's fund.

Thank again.
Nate
DoggHouse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.