Notices

Baltimore

Old 09-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Good dirtbike riding in B-More http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNnrCKi4-js
I admit, I clicked on it thinking there was some off-road area that locals went to! My favorite was the guys riding at night with no lights and the shirtless fat guy was classic!

Honestly that makes poker run flyby's look sane! Im sure all those fine young men were just letting off some steam after a hard weeks work (40-50 hours) and in the event of a wreck they have full coverage and liability for anyone else or their property damaged....
Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 850 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
I grew up in sparrows point.Lived on C street.Worked there for 20 years and moved to edgemere when they tore the Town down.Been here for 43 years Small world.JOHN SR
My family is an old Dundalk family from before the war. My grandparents were part of the migration from the mines of WV to the mill which employed up to 50,000 in its heyday. Most of my family worked at the mill, aunts, uncles, grandparents, father. Only one family left there now, everybody else move out, it's a shell of it's former self...too bad.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I grew up in Ft Howard (Edgemere/Sparrows pt) very nice community, no more problems there than any place else in this country! My parents, brother etc still live there. I moved to Kent island about 9 years ago and I agree the Chesapeake offers awesome boating, all types of water, bars, restaurants etc...
Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Where are you at rat, that is the best sunny skies and the place to be? Im just fugn dying

John jr
here's where im "at" john jr.... http://www.puntafaro.com/mucura.html near the equator, the weather is pretty much the same 356 days a year... doesn't rain to often and zero hurricanes... everything is very inexpensive except fuel... rm
Old 09-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Registered

I lived in Federal hill for years & had a great time if you like city living & no yard to deal with...get parking pad or garage though b/c parking sucks! I've kept my boat in Fells & now Canton for years & it's great...you've got 50 different bars to go to within an hour cruise (at 30mph) so if you want Annapolis, Kent Narrows, Rock Hall, Jellyfish joels, Hart Millers, Dobbin Island, South River....just too many choices & yes lots of awesome places to go & great people. Def go with Ches Bay Power Boat Association as lots of The Dena guys & Annapolis guys and there's always something going on. Good luck on the move & let us know where you end up as the more the merrier
Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Geographically Maryland is one of the nicest states in the land. 4 real seasons, mountains, planes, lakes, ocean and then there is the bay. It don't get much better for a boater. Just check your politics at the door. This is a democratic state. Democratic primaries will tell you who will be in office more times then not. There is some pockets of conservatives like here in Pasadena (no one that has lived here more then a couple years call it "the Dena") but you have to look for them.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Geographically Maryland is one of the nicest states in the land. 4 real seasons, mountains, planes, lakes, ocean and then there is the bay. It don't get much better for a boater. Just check your politics at the door. This is a democratic state. Democratic primaries will tell you who will be in office more times then not. There is some pockets of conservatives like here in Pasadena (no one that has lived here more then a couple years call it "the Dena") but you have to look for them.
I lived in Pasadena for 20 years. It was the dena as long as I can remember.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I lived in Pasadena for 20 years. It was the dena as long as I can remember.
Agreed, ICU Lookin. I've lived here for about 17 years and still refer to it as "The Dena" from time to time.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 49 Posts

I grew up in Dundalk & live on Sue Creek. Boating from here is convenient to anywhere above Annapolis.