Notices

Baltimore

Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baltimore

Might be moving near Baltimore. Not familiar the area. The job is in sparrows point. Wheres a nice area to look and hows boating ?
Old 09-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Boating on the Chesapeake is fantastic. Still my fav place to boat during summer. Red eyes dock bar. Bikini contest every Sunday at 5.

Where to live depends highly on price. Waterfront is virtually untouchable below 500k. Sparrows point will put you right near Dundalk. Don't wanna live in that area. Further up 95 you get some decent areas without crossing key bridge for work everyday.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO the Chesapeake Bay is one the best boating playgrounds in the world, just so many things to do and see, so much history, you can go to the Big city (Baltimore) inner harbor, to quant little historic towns St. Michaels or Chesapeake City all by water...and your right ICU I looked at a house in North East Maryland, on the water, had a dock, private beach, $700k (just looking LOL) but there's a lot of Beautiful areas to live. I liked the eastern shore more than the west side, a little more laid back, I lived on Kent Island for a few years nice area and is considered the eastern shore, about 45 mins Balt. that s were Redeyes is at, but crossing the bay bridge on a Saturdays in the summer can be a pain in the butt... I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in, good luck, hope to see you on the water....Joe
Old 09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I grew up in Anne arundel county. I know that whole area extremely well.

Also how stupid of me to not mention hart-miller island. One of the best places to anchor up and hang out. Haven't been there in a few years but used to have pizza, pit beef and deli barges for food out there too!! Awesome place
Old 09-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 225 Posts

We have been in Anne Arundel county for 22 years now. The Chesapeake Bay is amazing. From Hart Miller Island to St. Michaels, Annapolis, Baltimore Harbor...unreal at night time. Going to Pier 6 to listen to music from the likes of REO Speedwagon, Styx, Peter Frampton, you name it. Great place to live and boat for sure. Hit us up when you get in town. Be glad to show you all around. Have a client that is a "top star" realestate agent with ReMax. Be glad to get you her contact info.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
Might be moving near Baltimore. Not familiar the area. The job is in sparrows point. Wheres a nice area to look and hows boating ?
Lots of great boating, restaurants, islands. There is a peninsula near Hart / Miller islands that's also called Miller's Island. Great marina and Tiki bar there called Bill's Boats & Wet Willie's dock bar. My buddies Robert and Michael own it. Great marina and super guys. Rack storage, slips, and lifts. If you get up this way, PM me before and I'll introduce you. Lot's of good people in the performance boat crowd up here too. We use my boat on the Chesapeake as well as in Ocean City, lots of stuff to do. My engine builder is great as well.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

It is a great place, lots of things to do and places to go on the bay, Rowboat Willies is not but 15 mins from me, along with some others. Rob and Mike are cool folks. The performance boats isn't huge on this side but still a bit of them around.. If your job is in Sparrows Point, you are literally in my town. What is the job if I can be nosy lol.

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-12-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i was born and raised in bmore, just remember to carry in bmore city, there are lots of obama's entitlement state type folks there that want to make things fairer...
Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys. icu i might try to look u up when i get back to bonita for some more detailed info. Johnjr its one of local crane companies. Just trying to find steady work which is kinda of next to impossble now a days.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I live in Joppa which has some affordable houses. Don't know what kinda of budget you have house wise. Houses in Joppa/Rumsey Island range from 200 and up to 850,000 or so. Decent area but you always have "those" areas. Obviously closer to the water the better the communities. But been here for the last 29 years and had a ball. Lots of locations all within great boating distance and tons to do. Good luck on your new adventure and hope to see ya around!
Btw could that be Coastal Crane co. ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.