Rack storage Cape Coral,Fort Meyers, Naples

Notices

Rack storage Cape Coral,Fort Meyers, Naples

Old 09-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rack storage Cape Coral,Fort Meyers, Naples

I was wondering who can recommend a quality place to rack a boat this winter that they have had good experience with? We'ld like to bring our boat down this fall and explore the area waters. I've never racked a boat before, and I'm a little nervous about it getting banged up. I realize alot of places might not have space available. Thanks!
Steve
Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on where you will be staying when your are down. Lots of good places but It really depends on the area IMO because traffic can get bad in areas. My experience (3) places If your staying on Fort Myers Beach I would say call Glen at Snook Bight Marina 239.765.4371 he can get you to the right person. If you have to drive there it can get bad with island traffic and it can delay a good day of boating. Also a nice place is Salty Sams Marina just off the beach and a few others like Fort Myers Boat Club Marina off Mcgregor between Cape coral and FMB. If your staying in the Cape I would recomend using one in the Cape you wont have to deal with bridge tolls. No matter where you end up be sure to be very specific with them to rinse good and flush motors "tips help" and watch the first few times to be sure they know your expecting a good service. Naples the price will go up... If you make it down get with bobthebuilder on here and join us on some FMO fun runs.
Good Luck
Bill
Old 09-12-2013, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

In Naples you have Hamilton Harbour oops Harbor LOL which is on the ICW and less than a one mile idle to the Gulf and on Marco you have Hideaway Marina (formerly Cedar Bay Marina). Walkers just took over Cedar Bay ( now Hideaway ) and they are very professional and run a good operation. Also you will find Hamilton Harbor to be top notch, but a tad expensive. At Hideaway I just arranged to store the new 32' Renegade for $ 425.00 a month which includes fresh water flushing and washing the topside each time they launch. Not sure how that compares elsewhere.
If I can help at all, let me know.

Bob
Old 09-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

There's some nice places and it's totally depends where you're staying, just like you've heard Snook Bight on Ft. Myers Beach is a great place, before I got my lift finished after we bought in Cape Coral last October I racked my Formula at the Boat House off Del Prado which is by the College Bridge (Southern) I would start calling now because some of them get filled up quick and you'll be out of luck, also, some only take boats of certain lengths and weighs so I would get on the phone soon if you want it for this season, good luck.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the replies so far, keep em coming! We have very limited exposure to the area so far, a couple nights at a friends place in Cape Coral and a few nights in Naples. The wife seems to like Naples, don't know why? Lol.
oneanddone; I know what you're saying about getting on and off FMB during season, so that would probably be too frustrating if not staying there. So, that probably leaves the Cape or Naples. It seems like Cape Coral is a little sparse on hotels, Tarpon Point is nice, but can be pretty pricey during high season.Can anyone recommend anything else there that they've had decent luck with in the Cape? When we stayed in Naples in spring we stayed near 5th Ave, actually fairly reasonably. We're renting a house for the month of March near Tarpon Point, and I would prefer to have the boat already there, and have some exposure to the waterways.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Thanks for the replies so far, keep em coming! We have very limited exposure to the area so far, a couple nights at a friends place in Cape Coral and a few nights in Naples. The wife seems to like Naples, don't know why? Lol.
oneanddone; I know what you're saying about getting on and off FMB during season, so that would probably be too frustrating if not staying there. So, that probably leaves the Cape or Naples. It seems like Cape Coral is a little sparse on hotels, Tarpon Point is nice, but can be pretty pricey during high season.Can anyone recommend anything else there that they've had decent luck with in the Cape? When we stayed in Naples in spring we stayed near 5th Ave, actually fairly reasonably. We're renting a house for the month of March near Tarpon Point, and I would prefer to have the boat already there, and have some exposure to the waterways.
Your wife has good taste. LOL You spoiled her by taking her to 5th Ave. I just love Naples / Marco. All the best,
Bob
Old 09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

When we came down looking we just stayed and rented a house for a couple of months, the only hotel we've stayed at was Tarpon, we had four days in between getting down here and closing on the new house with no where to stay, so Tarpon it was, it's nice, I would always stay there if we need a place again.

You might be able to get something short term over at Cape Harbour, it's really nice too.

Last edited by 314joey; 09-13-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

I tried Cape harbour for my new boat this month, and was told they want 12 month leases as a minimum. In the cape, that leaves Cape Coral Boat Club (where I have mine now until my new lift is finished), on a month by month basis and perhaps others further up the river that I do not know about. Have to warn you that there is a very low bridge under Del Prado Blvd. I think the clearance is only about 6'8" so my new 20 foot rig is tight with the bimini up at high tides.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Registered

You may also want to look around for someone with a dock and a lift they aren't using and rent from them. Might be cheaper. Wherever you go, make sure you check access by both road and water. Its a great area for boating.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
In Naples you have Hamilton Harbour oops Harbor LOL which is on the ICW and less than a one mile idle to the Gulf and on Marco you have Hideaway Marina (formerly Cedar Bay Marina). Walkers just took over Cedar Bay ( now Hideaway ) and they are very professional and run a good operation. Also you will find Hamilton Harbor to be top notch, but a tad expensive. At Hideaway I just arranged to store the new 32' Renegade for $ 425.00 a month which includes fresh water flushing and washing the topside each time they launch. Not sure how that compares elsewhere.
If I can help at all, let me know.

Bob
Bob,
I checked with Naples Harbour, I believe that's the one you're talking about, looks like it would be around 20-25 minute idle to the Gulf, is that correct? There wouldn't be any bridge clearance issues on the Gordon river to the gulf, would there? Now the Hamilton Harbour would be about a mile to the Gulf, but it's pretty much like joining a country club! I'm more of a pond type of guy! Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.