Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Well said
+1
Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is this thread here? This guy had the last thread he started CLOSED because he didn't' like the dialog. F that! What if this thread doesn't go the way he wants? Cry to the mods and others again? BS. If you value your time responding......post over HERE ON THIS THREAD instead to join a real conversation that is continuing on making poker runs safer and boats too.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boats, equipment, etc are fine! Except many need to actually use the safety equipment designed to save their lives. We don't need to modify the boats to accommodate poor judgement. Participants need to exercise better judgement and stop RACING to the first stop. Not sure why we need 10 different threads, where the general concesus is the same "slow down". It appears some of you are looking for a magical device that will make the boats and poker runs safer. Got news for you all, the human brain is that magical device. Problem is the ego in some appears to over power the brain. There is no need to over think this folks.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all know the answer just not every one will accept it. Slow down... its that simple. Speed is awesome and fun but it can be very bad as well. The rules will mean nothing if there is no enforcement. We need to police ourselves before other decide to do it for us... and those people usually have shiney badges and are generally not as forgiving as a we would be. I saw it happen with street racing in NY. They cracked down hard. They would impound your car for simply sitting in a parking lot watching. ."Participating in an illegal street racing event". They would block the exits and bring in the tow trucks. When people get pissed off enough they take action and usually that action is a far over reaction to what occurred.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Why is this thread here? This guy had the last thread he started CLOSED because he didn't' like the dialog. F that! What if this thread doesn't go the way he wants? Cry to the mods and others again? BS. If you value your time responding......post over HERE ON THIS THREAD instead to join a real conversation that is continuing on making poker runs safer and boats too.
thanks for saving me the lengthy typing.....
Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
thanks for saving me the lengthy typing.....
Yup
Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Yeah, that's right, I didn't like the dialog. The last thread was to ignite a discussion on solving the problems we're facing and it turned into a disrespectful bashing of the people involved in the accident. If you don't like my approach Nort, don't read my thread. I couldn't care less. I didn't cry to the mods either. We spoke by phone before I posted my request and discussed how out of control people were. BTW, I don't expect the thread to go any direction much less "the way he wants". I can tell you this much; if you or anyone else is stupid enough to think that people are just going to slow down and follow the rules because of another accident, your dreaming. Something needs to be done to control the people who can't control themselves. Rather than badbouth my thread Nort, why don't you come up with a way to make it better? Otherwise, kiss my azz.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a complete fix but it will avoid a lot of blow overs overs on cats.Manufactures need to install several large holes on the front part of the hull with flaps that are controlled by gravity weights, the flaps will open as the boat raises above level, and stay shut as the boat is level and air keeps them shut s it passes under the hull, once the boat goes 10 -15 degrees above center the laps start to open due to the weights staying and 0 gravity.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure I understand the whole concept of poker run as it has turned in to. You bring out your boat no matter what style, go to different areas and get cards, party at the end and see who draws the best hand. When did these all become poker races? There would be more gearheads of all types to admire these machines at the docks pulling in and out than out on the water. And if there are 2 guys wanting to settle a debate over who is fastest...go settle it alone and come back and talk smack or whatever with everyone after it's done. I haven't been to the loto shootout in years, but it seems like the best way to show these boats off...with way more spectators to see who is the fastest with each style of boat. Get together, watch fast boats go really fast in a very controlled environment. Have a fun run (not race) if you want to to show off the boats, save the speed show for the actual shootout with radar gun and no excuses.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
And then we applaud in a different thread about a new 41' boat with 1650s just going 170mph,....................................... this is going to be harder than we all think.
The place to run 150 plus is out in the open spaces. When we have a poker run on a course which is by itself fairly narrow and congested we need realistic speed limits.

Wannabe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.