Notices

Chief Powerboats Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
OSO is not really about us anymore, its a FOR PROFIT business, just like politics. Money and politics control OSO. Just the way of the world. Chief would have to play dirty, pad some pockets, get on their knees, and pull some strings to get a section.
Unfortunately that seems like the way things are going...

If that's the case, how can you have manufacturer sections then that are still there where those manufacturers never lined any pockets, got on their knees or played politics? Some of those sections haven't been posted in a very long time either. I can see the money part, we all earn a living and some own businesses but why not make the rules the same for everyone?

What's unfortunate in my mind is that they had a section once before and because they stopped building boats for a few years (company never shut down), OSO arbitrarily deleted their section. Perhaps that action was politically motivated?

I dunno what the real deal is...I'm just thinking out loud. Also, the First Mohican has a new owner, it recently sold. Warpath has an owner and the new boat being built has an owner. There are also other things in play at Chief. It's really unfortunate in my opinion.

Last edited by Panther; 11-20-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I don't think its so much a profit thing....

IB (owns oso) is huge and has tons of forums. So its like trying to get a particular item stocked at your local walmart, or something added to the menu of your favorite mcdonalds. Do you really think corporate McDonalds really cares or even notices that a couple customers at one of their stores wants hot dogs added to the menu??
Old 11-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Its not nearly as hard to add a chief section as it is to add hotdogs to Mc Ds. I understand what you were trying to get at but do not agree. OSO has professionals that are good at what they do. Its not rocket science for these professionals to add a chief section.

Another thing I do NOT agree with is the sections like Cobra Power? Why does an ENGINE manufacture need a section in the BOAT manufactures area?

Politics...............

I guess we will just have to start a few hundred different threads all over OSO in multiple different sections until they decide to give us WHAT WE WANT. OH Yeah, if it wasn't for US there would be NO PROFIT and NO OSO
Old 11-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Patience all--- I'll see what I can do.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Money and politics control OSO. Just the way of the world. Chief would have to play dirty, pad some pockets, get on their knees, and pull some strings to get a section.
Not true at all......afterall, Pantera has a section and they've been ripping off their clients for nearly 2 decades. Oh wait......ah nevermind.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Patience all--- I'll see what I can do.
Appreciate it. Thanks for the support.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I recently insured 2 of them.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Registered

Its not that difficult, I just created a brand new forum and made a chief section in under 3 minutes...with an existing forum it should take under 30 seconds to make a Chief section....

http://chief-offshore.proboards.com/
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Sunkin involved at all?
Old 11-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Registered

He should be joining at any time, afterall he owns 6 of them.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.