Notices

Cincinnati Fun Run

Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

No, didn't make it out on the water today.
I believe everyone is pretty much putting in or at least meeting up to leave at riverside around 10am. They had rooms blocked @ the Gualt in Louisville but the hotel is completely booked up now. So I and few others who procrastinated will be booking @ another hotel tomorrow or Tuesday. Gotta get w/ them & see which place is most convenient. I'll get more details & let you know them tomorrow.

Last edited by jmoore1225; 09-15-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys come right by my condo every year and I never have the boat in the water...might be interested in running with ya this year now that I know when your coming...
Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Registered

Here's another topic on it as well....
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...hio-river.html
Old 09-16-2013, 06:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks any info would be great does the marina you stay at have a bath house we may stay on the boat.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:57 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Just called Dan's on the Ky side just up river BEFORE Markland Dam and they have 90 octane marine fuel no ethanol. Called Rivercrest in Madison down river of town 1/2 mile in a cove has 91 oct no ethanol. Great fuel for storing your boat over the winter. Lighthouse in Madison is a great place for a lunch stop and right on the river. Docks are empty and only used during the regatta so I would call ahead and let them know what you have in mind and I'm sure they will accommodate. Great food & cold beer :-). Beautiful town full of shops and Bed & Breakfast. Rode there several times on the bike and have launched there and run to Louisville. Hope you all have fun. Fast boats don't forget the slower ones and run off. Have a meeting before you start out and agree on some speeds for running or hav 2 groups. It's a FUN RUN. Nothing worst then breaking down by yourself.

Didn't know about Billy. That's sad, he was a great guy. He broke a drive on his Spectra cat making this run upriver from Louisville the year I went and had my Cig Mistress.

Madison Lighthouse Restaurant 812-265-3280
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
No, didn't make it out on the water today.
I believe everyone is pretty much putting in or at least meeting up to leave at riverside around 10am. They had rooms blocked @ the Gualt in Louisville but the hotel is completely booked up now. So I and few others who procrastinated will be booking @ another hotel tomorrow or Tuesday. Gotta get w/ them & see which place is most convenient. I'll get more details & let you know them tomorrow.
Can you let me know what hotel you guys pick. Myself and a couple of buddies are going to join you guys. Is there room on the bus for us? We are putting in southern boone county and will meet you guys as you come down river. After putting in how many stops do you make before Markland Dam?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

There is not really a marina it's a public landing right downtown Louisville where a bus will come get us and take us to the gault house hotel as before mentioned by jmoore it is now booked but I believe there are some other hotels a block or two away on fourth st. If u are looking for another hotel make sure it's on fourth st and the bus will drop u within walking distance to it. We have doin this run for as long as I can remember and it is a great time, this run usually takes place the last Saturday in September, it was changed this year to accommodate all of those who normally make the run.

Last edited by malo29; 09-16-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

I've never personally done the run, just know the majority who do, do it every year & hear about it. They stop at a bar or 2 & tie up & float for a bit I believe also so i'm not sure. I'm booking at courtyard Marriott & a couple others are who missed getting a room at the gault. Buddy said a couple buses come, so should be room.

Tman no showers at the docks where the boats are left overnight from what I'm told.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Registered

Best way to end the year.

Last edited by FOUNTAINKID101; 09-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my room at the Hyatt which is on the corner of 4th st live. It is roughly a 2 block walk from the Gault house where the bus drops everyone off at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.