Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has more control (driver v throttle) >

Who has more control (driver v throttle)

Notices

Who has more control (driver v throttle)

Old 09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

With 2 people that are good at there positions IMO will destroy a single guy trying to do it all. IMO I like to have the driver being the capt. in the boat. He has a better feel for the boat in the turns and will let me know if he can handle more power or we are at the max. Both people need to be mathematical to get around the course as fast as possible. Its all about angles. The T man man has to understand the effects of trim and the driver needs to understand scrubbing speed when turning. All the speed in the world wont win a race if the driver doesn't make good lines. The winner of any race is the team that makes the least mistakes. In a nut shell its TEAM work that makes a boat fast. And it looks so easy when your watching it from shore LOL.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 177 Likes on 65 Posts

I've got to agree with the foot throttle part. (I also have In Control foot trim too.) Leaves two hands free to do everything else.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 177 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
kinda depends . . . i mean if your racing and you spin out and flip over . . thats definitely the drivers fault . . . now if you win . . . thats the T man for sure . . . . OOHAM racing!!
Am I the only one who sees the starboard prop still spinning? Apparently the throttleman is still at work in that picture.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
kinda depends . . . i mean if your racing and you spin out and flip over . . thats definitely the drivers fault . . . now if you win . . . thats the T man for sure . . . . OOHAM racing!!
You guys should have used race gas in that..it smells better in the bilge......
Old 09-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,049 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I've got to agree with the foot throttle part. (I also have In Control foot trim too.) Leaves two hands free to do everything else.
Foot throttles are usless running hard in any kind of big water though. Especially if running against a good two man team.
I agree with everything Randy said above, spot on. A guy driving and throttling cant compete with a good two man team, especially in the ocean. A two man team that is quiet on the intercom, because words arent needed. The driver knows what the throttleman is going to do, and the throttleman knows what the driver is going to do. There is no better feeling than having total confidence in the guy next to you when running hard.

Last edited by TeamSaris; 09-16-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, whoever is in control of the drive trim and tabs has the most control.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Am I the only one who sees the starboard prop still spinning? Apparently the throttleman is still at work in that picture.

actually right about the point this pic was shot I was watching my new Garmin gps sink to the bottom of the st clair river as we got the hatch open
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 729 Likes on 326 Posts

This is a good thread.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I was told by a Fountain race employee (not saying names) that they experimented at there facility with a one man control set up vs a 2 man and that the 2 man set up won every time.They raced 2 exact same set up boats and then switched the controls to the other to have a even test. I was also told that Reggie SR was in the one man set up. Possably Jr. or someone else that was there could shed some light on if this was true.
MD
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I was told by a Fountain race employee (not saying names) that they experimented at there facility with a one man control set up vs a 2 man and that the 2 man set up won every time.They raced 2 exact same set up boats and then switched the controls to the other to have a even test. I was also told that Reggie SR was in the one man set up. Possably Jr. or someone else that was there could shed some light on if this was true.
MD
I'd love to know if this is kind of test happened and how it was done, it would be interesting to know the facts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.