Notices

Warlock Tunnel Hull Question

Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 382 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
Sam

I will put a call into lance. Not sure if it was a talon copy. The bottom is different. Different strake placement. And diff step placement. The WPM is the same bottom. I think Tom kept a Mold and builds it under WPM. I will let you know Lance says.
Yours is a little lighter than the older ones. It's strong as ****. Not many boats would have taken the abuse it has and look so good. How many boats barrel roll at 80 and have no damage what so ever.
Hey thanks Andy . I was hoping you would show up . I really appreciate any answers you can get me .
Old 09-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting for him to call back. He will def be able to shine light on the subject.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

I am waiting for him to call back. He will def be able to shine light on the subject.
Cool
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

looks like the bottom of my 96 obsession. [orange red and white might have seen me at jamescreek area of the lake 3 wks. ago] every thing i tried to find out. made it look like molds were used by elimenator- obsession- then sold to worlock. if not it a good copy. going to try to post last winters restoration photos soon may be some good comparsion photos.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

by the way all the talk of barrel rolls and blowing over starting to make me wonder knocking on the door of 100mph would like to open it in the spring. MAYBEEE
Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gerg g.
looks like the bottom of my 96 obsession. [orange red and white might have seen me at jamescreek area of the lake 3 wks. ago] every thing i tried to find out. made it look like molds were used by elimenator- obsession- then sold to worlock. if not it a good copy. going to try to post last winters restoration photos soon may be some good comparsion photos.
Yes , I saw you on the poker run and again at party cove (James Creek) a couple weeks ago . Stop by and say hi next time you see me out . I look forward to your pics .
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered

Just spoke to lance. Tom was the owner of warlock when they tooled up the boat. They made it from scratch. The boat was not a knock off. When Tom sold warlock he walked with nothing. He left all the molds. Hope this helps man. Also when Sam Beller naught obsession he was half owner of warlock. They built some warlocks and branded them obsessions.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Just spoke to lance. Tom was the owner of warlock when they tooled up the boat. They made it from scratch. The boat was not a knock off. When Tom sold warlock he walked with nothing. He left all the molds. Hope this helps man. Also when Sam Beller naught obsession he was half owner of warlock. They built some warlocks and branded them obsessions.
It's good to know that thanks bro . What was Toms last name ? Just curious . Hey congrats to you and Tracy on the P1 Superstock Championships . Way to go .

Last edited by the deep; 09-19-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tom Stolarez was the originator of Warlock, there were 2 different decks, the RXT, and SXT, and there was also a center console version.
I'm not sure if I have his last name spelled correctly. And yes Lance is the man for the history, he lived it, not a bad throttleman either!
The WPM's weren't the same, they were Tom's next evolution of the hull.
The 25 was originally built to compete with the 24 Skaters.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Interesting , thank you .