A question for the Cape Coral people... >

A question for the Cape Coral people...

Notices

A question for the Cape Coral people...

Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts
Default A question for the Cape Coral people...

Where do you all store your empty trailers? My boat(s) will be stored on lifts at my house, but I'm planning on doing trips to the Keys and poker runs elsewhere in the state. Where can I pay to store my trailer and be able to have access to it when needed?
Thanks in advance,
Craig
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Craig,
Talk to "REMEDY" aka Drew here on OSO. He just posted in another thread he found storage down there for such.

Also, look up "509 SC". It looks like Steve is going to take his 33AT down to that area for the winter as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are quite a few commercial places, however the best place is behind a friends house, as that is the more secure. I stored my painted steel trailer in 2003 and then replaced it (it rotted away) in 2006. The brand new aluminum trailer made it about 1 month in the commercial storage lot before it was stolen. Thank goodness for insurance on the trailer. I did NOT replace it. None of the commercial lots have their own insurance, you must cover it yourself and they all claim that they are NOT responsible for loss. I will not name them, but a lot of the cape coral lawn care guys USED to use them until the thefts started occurring, it was not very secure, they claimed they locked the gate at night, but every time I went by, it was standing open for anyone to drive in. I was new to the area and didn't know any better.

ACE Storage on 41 just outside of punta gorda has as secure a place as any, with an automatic gate, cameras, and Ex Marine that lives onsite that runs the place. He patrols with a golf cart sometimes as well I believe he said. I would store there if I had to. Otherwise, try to find a site that is not on the beaten path, so casual drive bys cannot see what is there. Or, get a Galvanized Steel Trailer, no one wants those (no scrap value).
Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig....whats up? Burnt Store Rd north of my house is a outside storage facility full of trailers , RV,s

ect. Big sign in the front $25.00 a month for storage. Says Punta Gorda, its not far from our house though.

Burnt Store RV Trailer & Boat Storage

(941) 621-3007

12540 Burnt Store Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33955
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I've heard that trailers do seem to disappear down there. I know that I don't want trailers in my yard.... and doubt that any of my friends want my trailers in their yards either. Just like with anything else, the things that are the easiest to steal get taken first. Coupler locks and chains should help with putting me behind someone else! How much do the commercial/marinas charge per month for storage?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey craig do you still have my dads number if not pm me and I will give it to you. He knows of a place in Fort myers that our friends keeps his two trailers there been there for 2 years now without a issue its behind a self storage place.Gated
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yep, I have it. I'm really looking for someplace in the Cape. Has anyone used Cape Harbor?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Yep, I have it. I'm really looking for someplace in the Cape. Has anyone used Cape Harbor?
Hi Craig,
I'm planning on launching and storing my trailer there this winter when I come down. I believe it was something like $40 or $50 a month, I'm not sure how secure it is, but it's a decent area, for what ever that's worth!
Steve
Old 09-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Craig I second the one on burnt store. I had a trailer there for a year and no problems. Pay a couple bucks extra a month and it goes behind fence. Little drive from the cape out to it but inexpensive and I didn't need trailer often.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Summering storage on pine ridge rd, i store 2 boats and trailers never a problem and you have 24hr access to them. All fence in, and you are 5 minutes away from punta rassar launch.

Last edited by bajarick; 09-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.