Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps) >

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Notices

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
How about the best of both worlds The Cape Coral /Ft Myers area in the winter/Spring and Lake Cumberland/Indy in the summer really has us always looking forward to the next season.
I am on your plan. Lake cumberland my home lake,Ohio river when no drift.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 314joey
Even though we still love and miss LOTO and the Midwest the fantastic weather down here helps me with it, we'll save a place down here for you, if you're ever down this way give a shout, I know a guy with a boat.
I know a guy with a deep gas card and bar card.LOL
Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wildman1
314Joey
I will be down in about three weeks. Hope we can meet up. Maybe the Monkey Bar or Rum Runners for a drink. I vote for Cape Coral for the winters,ky for the summers.
Steve aka Blondes Preferred
We'll be here and that's a definite on some drinks, we're over closer to Rumrunners, but either place if fine I know where the Monkey Bar is too.........................how long are you guys down for.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Live: warm
Visit: cold

...preferred.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 314joey
We'll be here and that's a definite on some drinks, we're over closer to Rumrunners, but either place if fine I know where the Monkey Bar is too.........................how long are you guys down for.
We will stay until after Thanksgiving, then go home to Ky for the holidays then be right back down after the first. Raining here in Ky today so decided to take a day off from the farm. Got everything caught up yesterday so I am resting today. That's what happens when you are retired.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by the deep
I use to love the winter and the epic back woods mountain skiing that came with it .

Colder than a well diggers azz , no problem .

Now at age 57 , not so much . I just wana do this .
Same here!! (although not quite 57 yet :-) My only regret is not moving to Florida full time sooner.

Sure it gets a little warm 3 months of the year, but if you watched the temps this summer in other areas of the US, the Tampa Bay area was not that hot, and there is at least a good Gulf breeze on most days.

Of course if it gets too hot for normal boating you can just fire up the small jet boat and cruise up the spring fed rivers with their nice cool and clear waters and find your own private paradise to beat the heat....75 degree fresh water feels great on a 90+ degree day!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFiu4zekwQ Cheers,

Dave
Old 09-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love living in michigan. I dont mind winter, but now that I no longer snowmobile.... the Upper Peninsula michigan winters get a little long...., with too short of a spring to get the boat ready for a short boating season. If I had my choices of places to go, I'd go to charlevoix/boyne city area of michigan, followed by destin flordia. I just dont know if I could handle the summer heat of flordia. The one week a year we see 90 degrees, is enough for me.

It would be real hard to give up driving past lake superior every morning on the way to/from work, picturing my fountain blasing across the horizon......on both rough and calm days. That and boating on lake michigan is great, little boat traffic, places to go, and your not confined to a 10 mile area.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

besides the taxes new york has great boating and snowmobiling. im a fan of the 4 seasons. by the end of summer im ready to put the boat away and drag the sleds out. end of winter im ready to put the sleds away and drag the boat out. being able to boat 12 months out of the year i think would lose its excitement but thats just me. i use spring and fall for work so i can afford my winter and summer addictions
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Give me the warmth. I do love the Chesapeake bay for boating. Haven't been to loto yet. Have lived in maryland for 25 years. Huntington Beach California for 3. Panama City beach for 2. Cape Coral for 3. Cali's weather is untouchable. If housing prices were lower and boating was better I'd be there. I like having places on the water to go by boat.

So full time I like southwest florida. It has a good mix of everything and don't have cold winters at all.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Love the 4 seasons of Michigan! Love my snowmobiling, snowboarding, and of course boating! So many places to see on the water with the Great Lakes, Although I wouldn't mind if summer was a tad bit longer but it's all good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.