Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
JCI 2nd annual charity Poker Run this Wed.!!!!!! >

JCI 2nd annual charity Poker Run this Wed.!!!!!!

Notices

JCI 2nd annual charity Poker Run this Wed.!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2002, 11:02 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JCI 2nd annual charity Poker Run this Wed.!!!!!!

The 2nd annual Johnson Controls poker run is this Wed. night. We leave from Lake Macatawa, in front of VanAndells place at 6:00. Be there between 5:30 and 6:00 to get your first card from Rambunctious anchored there. Then proceed outside the Holland channel and wait for the other boats to gather there. Group start to the north for the second card near tunnel park, then to the southwest for the 3rd card straight out of the Holland channel about 3-4 miles. 4th card stop is in the Saugatuck channel. 5th card is at dinner at Coral Gables. Our charity this year is the Holland City Mission.

Price is $30 per person. This gets you into the run, cheese burger with the fixins, and fries. Boat owners do not have to pay the entry fee (cost of owning a boat is figured in!!!). There will also be some prizes for the winning hand. Not sure what they are, Rambunctious will know more.

VHF channel to monitor will be 72.

Mike
Old 08-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Bear in mind this is a loosly run event so we don't attract attention from "the authorities." (part of the reason we do it during the week and the course is short). As far as they know, we're just a bunch of boaters out for a ride together. BUT, we do expect captains to follow the rules of the sea as well as those common sense rules of Poker Runs (Alcohol not a good idea, no passengers on the engine covers, PFD's a good idea, etc...)
Old 08-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

TTT

Redstripe, you and your other checkmate buddy need to come!! Damn, forgot his name again!!!!

MacDad260, you too!!!!

Dyno!!!!!

Derek?????

Traviss??

Lake St. Claire guys?? Rob? Milord???

At the moment, it looks like we have 26 boats on this run!!! More are always welcome!!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 10:38 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

ttt
Old 08-07-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Sorry mike I can't make it this time.. I have been bustin my butt since we got home monday night.. I am redoing my back seat cause some wild people decided to jump around on it... whole thing was rotton.. opps.. LOL!.. We are headed up north in about a hour, guess i have to finish the boat up there...

You guys be safe and mike be sure to air out the foul for me

and guess what mike... 23 hrs on problem child in kentucky and she is still running .. ran the **** outta it and most of the time in the air LOL!

Travis
Old 08-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Registered

Hey mike, is that "this wed night" as in tonight?? I'd better leave here right now, and get the boat cleaned up then, it's 11:00am and I still got a 3-4 hour tow!!! Just kidding, Thanks for the invite, I do want to get over there to do some running in the clean water one of these days, but tonight is impossible. My schedule is soooooo fulllll, I suck!!! I haven't even had my 32 in, in over a month, but I did get the cat out a few times... after wrenching on it all day of course!!! Thanks for the invite, and have fun, I'll think about you guys running the waters when I'm putting countertops in and trimming out a kitchen after work toninght! I'll trade you spots!!