Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Point Pleasant Race only 10 days away >

Point Pleasant Race only 10 days away

Notices

Point Pleasant Race only 10 days away

Old 08-06-2002, 10:47 PM
SunseekerNY

Is the Bavaric going to be the Press Boat again this year? If so, I'd like to shoot from the fly bridge. Otherwise I'll just have to suffer on the Sunseeker.....

Jennifer

Old 08-06-2002, 10:58 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jen, I'm not sure about getting a press boat. Apperently the press likes to stay on land for the race. Ask Toni or Sam.

I can probably get you on a turn boat but if you have a Sunseeker at your disposal, why look elsewhere.

I will tell you that the best air shots are taken at turn two. This is the southern offshore turn. At this location you get to see the boats as they run straight into the waves as they head toward the beach and the boats are heading offshore.

Go to http://www.sportsprobe.com and click on Powerboating and then the Manufacturers Cup 2001. All these shots were taken by Ike Levin from Turn 2.

That's the place to be regardless of which ride you pick.

You should take poor ole Puder with you. He seems to need a jolt of racing to get him through the tough times.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:11 PM
SunseekerNY

The Sunseeker is Plan B. It shall be there with or without me. My main objective is photography not socializing. Then I have to high tail it to LI for the Manhasset Bay poker run. I love commuting ACROSS NY city during rush hour!

Someone shoot me now.

See ya at the race. I'll find out what Brendan is doing. I think he's mad at me. I made him leave a NASCAR race in PA to go back to LI to fix the SunseekerUSA.com web site while I was in NC at the Reggieland race. Nice kid, eh? Gotta love him.

Jennifer

Old 08-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

You really need to be spanked.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:01 AM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by Ron P
You really need to be spanked.
Any volunteers?

Old 08-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Smittymarine

WWWAAAAZZZUUPPPP is always up to a challange, where do I sign up? Great pics. of NC Can't wait for Pt. Pleas. Kirk, great racing with you, Always great to meet more crazy people. I wish you could join us in New Jersey

Old 08-07-2002, 03:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cool, I think I may come up for the race, Ill be in my little donzi.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:21 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ron looks like I might make it up and help as a sweep boat. Trying to find cheap airfare right now will call you as soon as I know. Pete
Old 08-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Roger,
Always looking for the advantage? I think you should jack up your drives and look for the speed. It has been calm all year so it probably will be calm again. I just hope I can finish a race!!! I have had more problems this year than the last 4 combined!!
Good luck and we will see you there. If it is calm maybe I'll run the 76.
PS How does SV look next year?
Brett
Old 08-08-2002, 08:48 AM
LadySunseeker

Dear Ron:

Is Mayor Scarpelli going to be there?

Quick Reply: Point Pleasant Race only 10 days away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.