Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30338-40-hustler-37-outerlimits.html)

JGB 08-06-2002 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the 27 signature that tommy adams added 5 feet to, hence the 32 signature. Maybe these pictures show the magnum influence on the hull? Like i said earlier the 32 signature became the 32 hustler with some obvious deck differences.

JGB 08-06-2002 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's another of the 27

puder 08-07-2002 12:24 AM

just saying what i was told here when i was looking at a few 32 hustlers.

Perhaps the boxxes correct the chine walking. I was told i woudl experience this with a boat with TRS drives no commenst was made to a 32 with bravos.

As i said this is just what i was told here.

Semper Fi 08-07-2002 02:16 AM

Originally posted by JGB
here's a pic of the 32 hustler
COOL picture there, I mean the bar in the background--it's Montery Bay Canners in Oceanside harbor. I've been there a couple of times this summer and the scenery has been pretty good on friday nights!

Sean 08-07-2002 08:13 AM

CB...Vanilla and Chocolate, excellent point:D :D The 388 I was on had #4s and as I said I was referring to straightline performance. When I was in the boat, it was being run by Jim McIntyre who owns Falcon Hi-Performance. For those of you who don't recognize the name, Jim raced both How Sweet It Is...Skaters for Carl Myers, MG-23--a 40 Skater(former Brooks boat) and Hot N Nasty for "the plumber"---Billy Mauff. Jim has loads of experience in anything with a big block and to say I was frightened could be just my inexperience, and Jim handled the boat well, it was just all over the place.

Just posting my observations, opinions may vary... ;)

The 32 did come from the Signature, but I did not know that the Signature came from the 27 Magnum...but then again, didn't they all?:D ;) ;)

Great pics by the way...I love seeing the old boats!

THE BULL 08-07-2002 08:43 AM

sean-
good to see you on the board again, you must be excited about your new ride!!!! some great history going on here!!! i have a question...........the 38 signature tommy adams isnt a stretched 32 is it??

DaveP 08-07-2002 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Ron P
Get the quad stepped Outerlimits. Or the 388 Hustler. The 40 is a big ol dog unless you need to huge cabin.
The Quad 37 did not perform as well as the single step 37 - that is the reason why the 37 will continue to be made in only a single step version.

The 42 Outerlimits is a Quad Step and will remain a Quad step. The 42 Outerlimits Quad step hull is one of the best performing hulls over 40+ feet.

Sean 08-07-2002 09:09 AM

JK,

It's been a rough summer...buying a used boat is tough and the mechanical gremlins have got a hold on me. After spinning a bearing in the 454s, we put a pair of 540s in the boat and have had a myriad of problems resulting in another spun bearing...or two...

Hopefully get the boat back this weekend and have some fun!

Hope all is well with you. :)

As far as the 38 Signature goes, I really don't know, but I would guess that if he streched the 27 to make the 32, then stretching the 32 to 38 wouldn't be a "stretch"---pardon the pun, I couldn't resist...

JGB 08-07-2002 11:14 AM

bull, the 38 signature is not a streched 32. it has its own unique hull with something like a 17 degree deadrise.

Sean 08-07-2002 11:18 AM

See...ya learn something new every day!:D