Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30338-40-hustler-37-outerlimits.html)

THE BULL 08-07-2002 11:34 AM

sean-
real sorry to hear about the boat........they are all the same.......sometimes they run flawless, and sometimes they can be a headache.......its the luck of the draw......hang in there, i know you will straighten it out!!!!!!! 540s?? what type of horsepower are you looking at?? i ask about the signature hull because i know a company here in florida that bought the actual molds of the 38 tommy adams and builds a high performance center consoles with triple 250s......it just doesnt look like the 32 stretched.....heres a pic

32storm 08-07-2002 11:51 AM

My 32 is fine at high speeds and does not have chine walk issues. Perhaps,.... could be an operator problem. In the mid '90's a number of magazines also did tests on 32 with 80 MPH+ power-also no mention, or negative comments, as far as 32 having a problem chine walking. CB is absolutely correct, as I too have heard directly from factory that the 32 molds were destroyed. My 32 is a far superior riding and handling boat than a number of stepped hulls I drove prior to purchasing my 32.

RandRCowboy 09-17-2010 12:18 PM

Does anyone know if Hustler Powerboats was successful in placing triple Hawk 1000HP racing engines in the Fiore 40? Please email me at [email protected] with any information.
Thank you.

Strip Poker 388 09-17-2010 02:28 PM

thats a old thread back:eek::drink:

JDNFTWORTH 09-17-2010 04:47 PM

I'm considering a 40 Hustler fiore and need help determing if it's the right boat for me. Can any one tell me how well these boats handle and what an average speed is with trip 650s might be? What is the cruising speed might be at what rpm as I am expecting the fuel consumption to be high with tripps. I currently own a 33 viper with twin 454's. This paticular unit has cobra engines and I'm not familiar with these. Are these good motors? Thanks in advance.

Jassman 09-19-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 340928)
The Quad 37 did not perform as well as the single step 37 - that is the reason why the 37 will continue to be made in only a single step version.

The 42 Outerlimits is a Quad Step and will remain a Quad step. The 42 Outerlimits Quad step hull is one of the best performing hulls over 40+ feet.

I agree 100% with these statements. Many years ago I had an opportunity to be on a 32 hustler.. stock boat, very nice, no il handling.. but that was at a top speed of 78mph.. I also have been on 2 40 Hustlers.. Both very nice boats, lots of headroom if that s what you're after.. I believe it was close to 6'2-6'3", a few inches less than my 43 NT. Anyways, boat at 100mph was as stable as it gets, no chine walking at all. As to the 388 Hustler, been on 3..and anything over 93-94mph ... IS A DRIVERS BOAT.As the 388 approaches 100 and over there is a torque steer that you either have to have the kahuna's to power through it, or slowly let off.. I prefer the 40 Hustler over the 388 any day.. very close in ride quality is the 37 single step OL..which is one of my favorite hulls..along with the 38 PP.... The quad step 42 OL is an amazing hull.. just dont care for the epoxy boats.. There will always be trade offs. Im at the point where I just want to drop my hoist down, start her up, and go out with out any incidences.. :drink:

thunderusone 09-19-2010 03:43 PM

I have a 37 OL full stagger single step #6 boat and I FREAKING LOVE IT! It is the perfect boat for what we do with the boat and I can still use a dually to tow it. I looked at EVERYTHING and settled in on this boat. It was the only thing that had a cabin size that we were used too with good headroom. I am 6'2" tall and the bed in the nose is almost a queen. The one I bought did not have side x side seating which I didn't want either. The two seats together are great for the wife or GF, but not good if you want to go out with your buds. Mine runs pretty good too. I came in second at LOTO this year for top gun V bottom. I lost by 4mph to a 399V Skater. It also fits in nicely in my shop. I am not a sit down boat guy. The only other thing I would consider is a 42 legacy....but I don't think I have the budget to get one that will dependably run like my 37 does. I would not want to spend a ton of $ to go up in length and go backwards in acceleration and top speed. I only go to the ocean once a year so I don't need more boat. Dont get me wrong...mine is a wave crusher. With the #6's......the rougher it gets.....the more you can get on the gas. It will go as fast as I want to go in ANY boat in really snotty ocean water. The 37 OL is probably the largest 37' powerboat out there. It is a BIG 37' boat. It is also built like a freaking tank. The stringers and bulkheads in the bilge are unbelievable. Of course I am biased...but I have driven about everything else out there in the 37' to 42' V bottom class. My 2 Cents anyway....but I do actually own one. :) Get a #6 37 if it is in your budget so that you can really see what the true potential of the boat is.

OL40SVX 09-19-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 3211751)
I have a 37 OL full stagger single step #6 boat and I FREAKING LOVE IT! It is the perfect boat for what we do with the boat and I can still use a dually to tow it. I looked at EVERYTHING and settled in on this boat. It was the only thing that had a cabin size that we were used too with good headroom. I am 6'2" tall and the bed in the nose is almost a queen. The one I bought did not have side x side seating which I didn't want either. The two seats together are great for the wife or GF, but not good if you want to go out with your buds. Mine runs pretty good too. I came in second at LOTO this year for top gun V bottom. I lost by 4mph to a 399V Skater. It also fits in nicely in my shop. I am not a sit down boat guy. The only other thing I would consider is a 42 legacy....but I don't think I have the budget to get one that will dependably run like my 37 does. I would not want to spend a ton of $ to go up in length and go backwards in acceleration and top speed. I only go to the ocean once a year so I don't need more boat. Dont get me wrong...mine is a wave crusher. With the #6's......the rougher it gets.....the more you can get on the gas. It will go as fast as I want to go in ANY boat in really snotty ocean water. The 37 OL is probably the largest 37' powerboat out there. It is a BIG 37' boat. It is also built like a freaking tank. The stringers and bulkheads in the bilge are unbelievable. Of course I am biased...but I have driven about everything else out there in the 37' to 42' V bottom class. My 2 Cents anyway....but I do actually own one. :) Get a #6 37 if it is in your budget so that you can really see what the true potential of the boat is.

You are 100% right!! The 37 is an amazing boat and yours is a perfect example of that!!

omerta one 09-19-2010 04:34 PM

Your boat ran great at LOTO...what power?

Enough 4 Play 09-19-2010 07:01 PM

The only problem for other people in the market for a #6 37 is you bought the nicest one in the country!!!!