Notices

Daytona, Fl boating info

Old 09-26-2013, 01:07 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona, Fl boating info

Looking for some info for boating in the area, considering storing at the Inlet Harbor Marina rack & stack, anyone familiar or recommend them? Any info possible for boating enjoyment in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Is it easy to reach other areas and is it worth it for day trips, such as St. Augustine, Jacksonville or places South which I am not familiar with.

Are there any good beaches to drop onto and hang for the day?

Thanks for any and all help
JB
Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
Looking for some info for boating in the area, considering storing at the Inlet Harbor Marina rack & stack, anyone familiar or recommend them? Any info possible for boating enjoyment in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Is it easy to reach other areas and is it worth it for day trips, such as St. Augustine, Jacksonville or places South which I am not familiar with.

Are there any good beaches to drop onto and hang for the day?

Thanks for any and all help
JB
the only real place to beach your boat maybe on a inter coastal island..waves their are always crashing in on shore..you may want to look at the gulf side,,lots of places ro go from tampa bay all the way south to naples..even the panhandle is nice..
Old 09-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FIXX
the only real place to beach your boat maybe on a inter coastal island..waves their are always crashing in on shore..you may want to look at the gulf side,,lots of places ro go from tampa bay all the way south to naples..even the panhandle is nice..
YUP, Boca Grande, Cayo Costa, tons of ICW islands with beaches all up and down from Punta Gorda South to Marco Island on the Gulf Coast.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:07 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Joey & Fixx I do agree with you both and look to get to the West coast next year, however for this coming winter I will be staying in the Daytona area where my parents live. I want to spend some boating time with them, so I am still looking for info of places to go for good day trips.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Joey & Fixx I do agree with you both and look to get to the West coast next year, however for this coming winter I will be staying in the Daytona area where my parents live. I want to spend some boating time with them, so I am still looking for info of places to go for good day trips.
The boating is somewhat limited to the ICW in that area due to the long distances between inlets. The disappearing islands is busy on weekends when low tide hits in the middle of the day. DI is right inside the Ponce Inlet. As far as rack, you found the only place I know of in that area that can handle a 38 ft boat. Carribean Jacks is nice but I don't think they can rack anything over 28-30 ft.

St Augustine or Jacksonville will be nice day trips but honestly I don't think you would visit either place more than once. Be on the lookout for dolphins porpoising in the ICW, there are tons of them in that area.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I understand, I don't know much about the East Coast, hopefully some of Miami guys will chime in, have fun, see you next year.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
I understand, I don't know much about the East Coast, hopefully some of Miami guys will chime in, have fun, see you next year.
Ummmmmmm........Miami is 300 miles away, not too many Miami guys would go to Daytona for boating with the keys in their backyard!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Ummmmmmm........Miami is 300 miles away, not too many Miami guys would go to Daytona for boating with the keys in their backyard!
It's obvious I don't know anything about the East Coast then, isn't it....................at least I admit it.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
It's obvious I don't know anything about the East Coast then, isn't it....................at least I admit it.
Hey no sweat, Flariduh is a big state! If you want confusing try Michigan, the UP, downtown with huge lakes in the middle!