If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: New Hummer H2

OG Outlaw 24

New Hummer H2

Has anyone purchased one yet. I was wondering about towing. I believe it only comes with a 6.0 liter (Same as in my 2500 HD). GM is in the process of buying my HD back (Blown motor at 2000 miles, blown tranny at 9000 miles) now truck (10,500 miles )has tranny slip again and all kinds of interior creaks. It just must be a lemon. For right now all I tow is my 24' outlaw. Wondering if a H2 would pull say a 32' or 33' outlaw which I plan on upgrading to?? Any info would be appreciated!

Boat Girl
    I sent you a PM in regards to this....

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    it is biult on a tahoe chassis. SO i woudl assuem it tows ok I heard teh old ones sucked for towing.
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Hey I got a tahoe!!

I tow my 32 advantage with a 96 Tahoe, I need a bigger truck. It does the job, and not too bad, but I only get gas and drop the boat in a few miles away, a big diesel would be better. I am looking into the H2 as an option as well as an excursion & F-250 diesel, the web pages I looked at say the H2 is good for 6500lbs on one page and the other page says 7000lbs. I think the only way to really know is like you said, to hear from someone that has one, and toes with it. It may be better due to the bigger motor, but who knows. I do like the look of the H2 alot though. I hear the gas mileage is terrible though. Another point for the diesel.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

Well guys I'm looking at an H-2 also but I can tell you it won't come close to the Excursion powerstroke for towing. I have towed my 42 Sonic all over the country with one. The H-2 is a liitle weak on perfomance, but is a very nice daily driver .

Platinum Member Platinum Member Steve 1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Slippery when wet!
    Beautiful Fort Lauderdale
    I was reading another thread that the H-2 has the same Puny 10 bolt rear Axle, Is this true??
    Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering

being built on a tahoe chassis ; is it good?

my idea : no-never .h1 was pure, tough strong machine.

if h2 is built on tahoe chassis how can it be strong as the real thing?