Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Breaking News:  Miss GEICO to race in Turbine Class vs QATAR!! >

Breaking News: Miss GEICO to race in Turbine Class vs QATAR!!

Notices

Breaking News: Miss GEICO to race in Turbine Class vs QATAR!!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yellow boat was hauling azz, looked like it was going to run away with it. Once the turbines got hooked up i think they were just making too much power for the piston engines today. Tomorrow's a new day give them hell guys it made for a good race.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Didn't break, spun in turn 3
Why the tow? Just curious.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Flooded the motors with water through the exhaust
Old 09-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Flooded the motors with water through the exhaust
Bummer.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered

i'm confused....i saw the MG boat afterwards at coachman pk, and there was a crack on port rear, so was it a collision that caused them to fall out? how did motors get flooded through exhaust? i heard a crew member there say 'spun engine'...what does that mean? also heard marc taking about frequent 'guardian mode.'
Old 09-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by foxbat
i'm confused....i saw the MG boat afterwards at coachman pk, and there was a crack on port rear, so was it a collision that caused them to fall out? how did motors get flooded through exhaust? i heard a crew member there say 'spun engine'...what does that mean? also heard marc taking about frequent 'guardian mode.'
The boat spun out in turn 3 and when it did like most do they take water over the back of the boat which filled the exhaust pipes
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by foxbat
It's unlikely we will ever know.. It's hard for me to believe you would get enough water to the engine with the tractor setup they run.. You would almost need to stuff the boat in backwards..

Mercury is good at cloaking failure.. But then again, I'm pretty bitter.

Last edited by Tborisch; 09-29-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

It's always disappointing when you don't finish a race but since there's always a video of Gieco racing, lets see it! That should help explain what happened.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

thanks for the 'spin' explanations guys.

it was very heart breaking to watch them fall out after only a few laps. but one thing for sure, even if they had stayed in it, there is no way the mercury 1650's could compete with the turbines on qatar. once qatar got in her groove after lap 2, geico was a hundred feet behind and losing ground. i ate some major crow today in clearwater against my buddies who were rooting for qatar. if ms geico is going to compete against qatar, in the future, they will absolutely need to return to turbines. i had high hopes for the 1650's vs t53 today, but after seeing what i saw, the pistons simply cannot compete.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on the hook right at turn 3 and saw the spinout..... Turbine engines look effortless out there today. Quiet, smooth, no way a piston engine can compete with a turbine..... Cant bring a knife to a gunfight...... The shiek has unlimited funds so it will be difficult to compete...... TBF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.