Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who was at cumberland over the weekend... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30362-who-cumberland-over-weekend.html)

traviss 08-06-2002 06:18 PM

who was at cumberland over the weekend...

I was there all last week and over the weekend... seen lots of niceeee lookin boats... Never saw any OSO'ers around.... was everybody hiding cause i was there :eek:

Travis

guillermof 08-06-2002 07:52 PM

lake cumberland

I was there but i am always there. I run out of jamestown marina in a Sr1 419 formula with flash point paint job name is not on it. Will be Brackter.

Warn me next time and we can look for each other.

mcollinstn 08-06-2002 08:12 PM

I was there all last week and weekend. We had a Grider Hill houseboat and stayed in Otter Creek. I had my Formula 311SR1 and I pulled 2 jetskis from Otter Creek to Burnside Marina and back on Friday (we rode the skis thru the old train tunnel).

Went briefly to 76 Falls Saturday afternoon and the wife made me leave since she couldn't stick her head out of the cabin without three guys on bullhorns wanting her to flash flesh. She was too worked up over the kids hearing this and we pulled back out to the area just before the falls cove where we swam for a couple of hours. Were briefly parked next to 2 nice Checkmates, maybe someone from here (one was Crazy Horse). Hated to not be sociable with them, but had a near-hysterical wife in the cabin.

I saw a 18' Powerplay with a good sounding motor. Was that you? I also saw several beak boats and an American Offshore cat with a huffer. Lots of premium chicks in the cove. I was with an offwhite and red 202 Crownline with a red bimini. We were anchored near a 31 Fever with a tepee tent. I also saw a yellow boat, 28' or so, single, and was never close enough (without my glasses) to tell what it was.

Passed a 292SR1 on the way out that had 1988 graphics on it.

Sunday, was pulling all three jetskis from Beaver Creek to Grider and got a lot of looks (cause I was pulling them 56mph).

traviss 08-07-2002 08:29 AM

mcollinstn... I kinda remember a few formulas around the lake... alll of them lloked great .... That probably was me around the falls with the powerplay ( yellow/grey stripes).. we were floatin around and swimmin just out side of the falls cove.. we were near a 322 baja and a little donzi family boat..open bow saw lots of sweet boats...

gotta run headed up north to the lake for the rest of the week..

Travis

39 Unlimited 08-07-2002 07:38 PM

I was there, enjoying the heat. Will be back Tuesday through Sunday of next week. White, yellow & purple 35 Nordic.

mcollinstn 08-08-2002 10:40 AM

Yeah, I saw the Powerplay. Cool boat. Motor sounded real good.

I was also outside the Falls cove.

Also did see a few Nordics - I don't get to see any on Old Hickory in TN. I like Nordics.