Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OK, lets all jump in our boats and go to Bahamas this week ! >

OK, lets all jump in our boats and go to Bahamas this week !

Notices

OK, lets all jump in our boats and go to Bahamas this week !

Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would love to boat to KW, just not the first few weeks of November, it must be a zoo then, would rather go when it's a little less crowded for our first time with a boat.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

So far looks like we have one boat and one airplane coming along. LOL My CAN buddy Fred has a Marlago CC at the Ports in FLL where he has a condo and is changing his travel plans to make the trip and another buddy Sean on Marco Island has a plane and will fly over us enroute, take a few pics and meet us out there. Should be a fun but short trip.

Bob
Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 314joey
We would love to boat to KW, just not the first few weeks of November, it must be a zoo then, would rather go when it's a little less crowded for our first time with a boat.
Jim I usually make a couple of trips down to KW each year and will let you know when next after early Nov. We have a dozen boats coming along to the races in a few weeks and your right a bit of a zoo but that's where I belong. LOL See you Saturday, I hope.

Bob
Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Registered

Bob

I am bringing my boat down to do the Miami poker run to Key West. The Monday after I was planing on bringing boat back up to Miami and running over to Bimini. Please keep us updated. I have no idea where to stay or what is good. Thank you for any help or insight. Andy
Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like another great adventure Bob, just remember lots of pics for us and be safe.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
Bob

I am bringing my boat down to do the Miami poker run to Key West. The Monday after I was planing on bringing boat back up to Miami and running over to Bimini. Please keep us updated. I have no idea where to stay or what is good. Thank you for any help or insight. Andy
Maybe see you in KW, Andy. I will be in slip 10 at the Galleon Marina and about town so be sure to say hello and I can give you some pointers. Hope the weather co operates for you. We are heading into a time of the year when you can never be certain and why I want to jump on this chance to go.

Bob
Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by masi242
Sounds like another great adventure Bob, just remember lots of pics for us and be safe.
Will post some pics from this mini trip. Safety is number one. Always want to live to be able to do it another day. I've taken enough chances in the past. LOL

Bob
Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Jim I usually make a couple of trips down to KW each year and will let you know when next after early Nov. We have a dozen boats coming along to the races in a few weeks and your right a bit of a zoo but that's where I belong. LOL See you Saturday, I hope.

Bob
I know you guys are going down to KW for the races in November, we would love to go then, but can't make it that weekend, but if you head down some other time, we would love to tag along, we've always wanted to go by boat, I think Gar and Phylis might want to go also, have fun in Bimini.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

So far the weather looks like it is holding for us but winds start to pick up Thursday night. Hope to be long gone by then. Also my insurance agent is just awesome. Called him today to let him know of my plans for a l'ill trip to Bahamas and he's like "no problem, Bob - we got you covered".

Wednesday: West northwest winds around 5 knots becoming north around 5 knots in the afternoon. Seas less than 2 feet. Dominant period 6 seconds. Intracoastal waters smooth. A slight chance of showers. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night: East southeast winds around 5 knots. Seas less than 2 feet. Intracoastal waters smooth. A slight chance of showers.

Thursday: East northeast winds 5 to 7 knots. Seas around 2 feet. Intracoastal waters smooth.

Thursday Night Through Saturday: Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OK, we had a great ride today from Marco around the bottom end of Florida, thru the Keys and on up Key Biscayne where we met friend Fred H in his Marlago just outside the Biscayne Channel and had an uneventful crossing of the Gulf Stream to Bimini. 4 hrs from Marco around to Miami and then an hour, 15 min to Bimini. Perfect day for it and glad the forecast held. I have lots of pics but no time so these few will have to do for now. I will post more when I can.

Bob

Bimini 1 by bobthebuilder707, on Flickr

Bimini 2 by bobthebuilder707, on Flickr

Bimini 3_Snapseed by bobthebuilder707, on Flickr

Bimini 5_Snapseed by bobthebuilder707, on Flickr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.