Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Coast Guard Festival 2002 was a good time!!! >

Coast Guard Festival 2002 was a good time!!!

Notices

Coast Guard Festival 2002 was a good time!!!

Old 08-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coast Guard Festival 2002 was a good time!!!

Had a good time.....Midnightrider, post that pic from Hanky asap!!!! Not sure how I did it, but I managed to get a slip at Municipal for the fireworks!! Spent the night too. Guy had engine trouble and could not use his slip, my buddy Tony and I used it for him. Works for me!!!

Hanky Panky cove was as busy as I've ever seen it. Had to be 200-300 boats tied up at the peak of the day. The Girls Gone Wild video crew sure had the girls going wild!!!!! I was wishing I had a dingy or at least bigger binoculars at that time!!!!

It was good to see some OSO'ers on the water. Mr. Gadgets, Naughti Kitty, BGIII, and Midnightrider to name a few.

Thanks for stopping and saying Hi at the ramp Parn. Can't wait for that Skater ride!!!!!
Old 08-04-2002, 10:27 PM
MIdnightRider

Quick highlights: Photos to come!

1. Severe Storm thursday night- survived.

2. Friday was fun all day and night ( Waterfoul did try starting a fight with six phycos who were drunk and determined to tie to him at 3am).

3. Hanky was a blowout.

4. Girls Gone Wild was great-Two of my crew had podium finishes! (wasn't real sure on going completely naked for the win, but I can appreciate the competitiveness).

5. Did get stopped for a rather untimely noise ticket at 7pm saturday on the way to the fireworks. (103DB on only two, I said the third wasn't running to try and pass - I was stopped while only running one) No I wasn't dinkin opiser. Nice try anyway!

6. Made it through the maylay of the fireworks with no disasters, very unusual.

7. Got hit by another storm a 7:30 this morning, Nice!

Photos soon Midnight

Old 08-04-2002, 10:29 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

That storm this morning came up quick too!!! Rained really hard for about a half hour, then got sunny a while later. Gotta love those summer T-storms.

Oh, and there were only 5 drunk guys on that boat.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

Damn, I wondered what was going on up there We got to Hanky Pank later in the afternoon (put in at Muskegon and took the lake down) and couldn't believe the number of boats in the bayou!! WOW! Impressive showing for sure!! I didn't even attempt to get into the action and bowed back to watch from afar Beautiful day on the water!! Stayed around for the fireworks and took off for home.
Saw Macdad and Mr Gadgets on the way into GH, Nice to see you both again!!

Another Great Coast Guard Festival!!
Old 08-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Registered

MIdnightRider,
Where are those pictures! If you can't post them I'll resize them for you. If they are not postable material you can send them to me anyway.

If we trailer up for the races where would you suggest launching? Would I be better off staying south of GH and just running up the morning of the race?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-08-2002, 07:16 AM
MIdnightRider

The pictures are way out there. Anyones worth seeing are not postable. I'll see what I can do about getting you a couple of shots. If you come up just launch in GH right at the Municipal. We will be staying on our boat, your welcome to hangout with us. Let me know what your plans are. Chad