Offshore race at LOTO, Missouri >

Offshore race at LOTO, Missouri

Notices

Offshore race at LOTO, Missouri

Old 08-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offshore race at LOTO, Missouri

someone posted a preliminary schedule of many of the circuits and I believe the Great Lakes league was comming to Lake Ozark this year, is it still true, when?
Old 08-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I believe that that race has been cancelled.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Registered

Default thats not good

do you know what the problem was
Old 08-05-2002, 12:02 PM
283CHECK

Default I'll let Gordo explain in detail

But I believe that what the water patrol would agree to as a course would not be acceptable as a safe high speed raceing course

Chris

Old 08-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Registered

You can't have Offshore racing on LOTO. You can only have OnLake racing.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

Nort, as I was typing that title I immediately though of you. I kept it just to see if you would catch it!!

About the race however, if they did have one and controlled the spectator boating near the course, it would be rather smooth conditions. To spice it up a bit, they could run a cruiser race in the middle of the main course.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Registered

Nort...........

Havent had any lively banter from you lately. Hope all is well in your world. Many Many Balls in the air in ours.

We would love for you to come and experience LOTO, perhaps the shootout or Labor Day.

Come on Nort.........maybe another helicopter will buzz us just like havasu.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, Gordo worked his butt off to try and get one at the Ozark's but when it came down to it, the Water Patrol pulled the plug, I think it was like 283Check said, not a safe enough place or something!!

Plus Gordo did all of the work all in the name of Offshore Racing!! I don't think he had much help!! from the "Lake Community"

They all think they have plenty going on between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and if it was going to be it was going to have to be before the season started (Very early in the spring) or Later like the Harbor Hop! By then the Weather is "iffy"

Where is Gordo, Anyway?
Old 08-06-2002, 09:03 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Is that so??

well a big thanks to Gordo for your efforts, maybe some day.

Any thing people can do, letter writing, emails to people with the strings, etc.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Sorry I'm late

Thanks to Funhome for the kind words.
As for the Ozarks APBA race...
A lot of time and effort did go into the Lake of the Ozarks- APBA "Show Me" Championship race. Unfortunately, the Ozarks has grown to the point that there is no area of the lake that would work as far as logistics and safety. I will make one correction to Funhome's statement in that, while the Missouri Water Patrol, the APBA central Division officials, and myself were all involved in the decision making process, it was, In fact, me making the final decision to pull the plug. The race actually had a great deal of support including a number of members of the OSO board, the Missouri dept of Tourism, Procharger, the Tri County association, Dave Manganast Motorsports, and a number of other smaller sponsors with other "biggies" in the works. In fact, towards the end, it looked like the race was going to make some good money!
But the bottom line is, safety will always come first. And neither APBA, Missouri Water Patrol, nor myself will knowingly try to hold an event where safety cannot be first and formost.

Quick Reply: Offshore race at LOTO, Missouri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.