Notices

What to do

Old 10-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24 outlaw all the way...no question about it!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope your not going to look at the 24 Outlaw at Searay of Louisville ,its junk!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's one for you. Just like a Baja or Donzi. Very similar. 1994 Infinity, 265. Cuddy, Porta P. 454 Merc Mag, Bravo 1. Silent choice, Trim tabs. etc. Tandem trl. (needs fenders) New starter, Water and circ, pump. Nothing to do just wax, put your graphics on it (all white),. and gas. Now the good part. it's only $8500.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever you buy, make sure you have the hull checked out for moisture / rot. There are a lot of boats out there that may look pretty nice on the surface, and may even run nice, but if they were left outside in the elements, even on a trailer, there is a chance that there could be some rot hiding in the stringers and/or transom that could turn into an expensive PITA. There were a LOT of boats built, especially in the 90's, where corners were cut on the construction and surfaces were not sealed properly when screws were run into fiberglass-encapsulated wood. I have seen too many horror stories about inexperienced boat shoppers getting stung - and sometimes the seller is honest but does not know himself that he has a rotten boat.

If you can find a boat that was trailered and stored inside its whole life, you may have some peace of mind. But I have seen too many boats that were owned by idiots who stored them in a gravel lot with a leaky or non-existent cover, left the plug in, and then forgot about them all winter while they filled up with water and rotted away. Be careful!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
Whatever you buy, make sure you have the hull checked out for moisture / rot. There are a lot of boats out there that may look pretty nice on the surface, and may even run nice, but if they were left outside in the elements, even on a trailer, there is a chance that there could be some rot hiding in the stringers and/or transom that could turn into an expensive PITA. There were a LOT of boats built, especially in the 90's, where corners were cut on the construction and surfaces were not sealed properly when screws were run into fiberglass-encapsulated wood. I have seen too many horror stories about inexperienced boat shoppers getting stung - and sometimes the seller is honest but does not know himself that he has a rotten boat.

If you can find a boat that was trailered and stored inside its whole life, you may have some peace of mind. But I have seen too many boats that were owned by idiots who stored them in a gravel lot with a leaky or non-existent cover, left the plug in, and then forgot about them all winter while they filled up with water and rotted away. Be careful!
Good point Bud. And be aware of "northern" boats, with winter/frost issues. Especially more then a year or two old. Unless the boat was stored inside, heated place, you Will HAVE FROST ISSUES, HAIRLINE CRACKS, ETC. Even if the boat was "winterized" adequately, there WILL be freeze related issues. I know, I'm from Chicago. (BTW, just for the record, My Infinity never seen snow or frost. I bought it new in 94, spent the summer in Chicago and moved to FLA early fall. )