Notices

Rev4 test results

Old 08-07-2002, 02:33 AM
Intolerant1

Default Rev4 test results

Ok, my boat is heavy and underpowered. After testing numerous 3 blade props including Mirage+, Michigan Wheel Raker, and some others, I found a fair price here on the OSO classifieds on a Rev4. I was looking for bow lift and most everyone advised against 4 blades as they generally give stern lift. My problem is that my boat is fairly heavy for a single engine setup. Its a 92 26' Liberator. All the three blade props blew out at anything slightly more than positive trim. I also could not get any better than 15% slip with any of the three blades. I bought the Rev4 thinking that it would hold better allowing me to "get more trim" Everything worked as planned. My top speed is exactly the same with the Rev4 same pitch as the three blades I had tested. My RPM is down about 500 though. Slip has dropped from 15% to 7%. I can trim drive quite a bit higher before blowing it out and it holds in the corners at a much higher trim. The whole boat just feels completely different. It definitley has more stern lift as well and just feels like its finally loosened up a bit. Ride is better as well. It now will hold the hull up coming over a wave or wake. If you have a heavy single engine boat and cant turn a Bravo, give one of these a test drive. Now I have an excuse for those square port heads and exhaust upgrades this winter. I get that Rev4 spinning 500rpm faster and Ill be right where I hoped to be.

Old 08-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I've heard some great things about the props and can't wait to try one on my boat. Powerboat did a test on props last year and the Rev4 got very good results, better than most of the other props in the test.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris thanks for posting the results. My boat drags it's ass more than yours I'm sure being 2 feet shorter with twins. Maybe this is what I need to get the ass out of the water. Classified shopping I go.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm like Milord, I really don't want anymore bow lift, If I get anymore the thing will take off. That's why I went with the Hydromotive; for the stern lift. You have the newer style hull though, don't you?

How did the trim modification work out for you? I was going to do it to mine, but I just haven't had enough time to do so.

Les
Old 08-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Intolerant1

I saw no difference with the trim tab mod. I may try taking them off. The way they are mounted I think they drag a little. Yes, mine is the "newer" style hull. Im really happy as the wife and i had decided to keep this boat awhile longer with the understanding that it gets new paint/graphics as well as heads and a cam. ABout $5k into the boat vs an additional $40k to upgrade to somthing newer. That should keep my happy for now. I see the doc on Monday to schedule my fusion surgery so everything will be going on hold shortly. Damn near time for me to winterize