Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Superchiller, intercooler real world results? >

Superchiller, intercooler real world results?

Notices

Superchiller, intercooler real world results?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can see the water out the side here in the video. i can see what kinda shape my water pumps are in. when they are getting tired, the stream is a little intermitend and then i change em. the only thing i was thinking is maybe running the dump out the back directly on the outdrive .. that way maybe i could loose the driver showers. but i will take the drive showers off next kilo run.. should net a mile in hour without them. so im gonna leave it alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_UzaREGFAs
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 4,260 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Mmmmm that sounds pretty frickin loud!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plumb all mine with pumped water at idle and have never had any fuel puddling or loading up issues. Big blowers and big carbs
I picked up 70 hp with some 14/71 blowers, but we also added 2 more lbs of boost at the same time.
1 Lb loss of boost thru Whipple core at 17 lbs
Old 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510532[/ATTACH] I looked and couldn't find any test, I've done without a cooler, back to back going to cooler. It pretty much takes about 1.5 psi more to achieve the same boost # using a intercooler. That's my experience using a Blower Shop Intercooler. I have pushed 7 psi no intercooler with cast iron heads, 8.1 cr, on a 580 cid with a BDS. making right at 920 hp @ 6000.
I was looking for a test I did for the Blower Shop, testing one of the cupri-nickel verses alum. not much difference.

The test in the picture is the difference between a core that was in a Blower Shop housing, that WAS NOT FROM THE BLOWER SHOP. Test 540c54. The power and torque was way down.This was a early cupri-nickel core from someone else, that sucked!!!!
Test 540c57 was the same engine with the alum core from THE BLOWER SHOP.
If I was buying intercoolers today, I would spend the $$$ and buy the coolers from Jason, COOLERMAN.
Attached Thumbnails Superchiller, intercooler real world results?-scan0007.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
[ATTACH=CONFIG]510532[/ATTACH] I looked and couldn't find any test, I've done without a cooler, back to back going to cooler. It pretty much takes about 1.5 psi more to achieve the same boost # using a intercooler. That's my experience using a Blower Shop Intercooler. I have pushed 7 psi no intercooler with cast iron heads, 8.1 cr, on a 580 cid with a BDS. making right at 920 hp @ 6000.
I was looking for a test I did for the Blower Shop, testing one of the cupri-nickel verses alum. not much difference.

The test in the picture is the difference between a core that was in a Blower Shop housing, that WAS NOT FROM THE BLOWER SHOP. Test 540c54. The power and torque was way down.This was a early cupri-nickel core from someone else, that sucked!!!!
If I was buying intercoolers today, I would spend the $$$ and buy the coolers from Jason, COOLERMAN.
Great info Mark. Next season, I'd like to run my blowers at 7psi, non intercooled, and record the intake air temps at wot. Then, install chillers, and again record the temps at 7psi. I've heard some talk about the cores getting heat soaked on extended runs under boost, and therefore not being as effective as they appear to be on a dyno pull. I'd like to test that for myself.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
I plumb all mine with pumped water at idle and have never had any fuel puddling or loading up issues. Big blowers and big carbs
I picked up 70 hp with some 14/71 blowers, but we also added 2 more lbs of boost at the same time.
1 Lb loss of boost thru Whipple core at 17 lbs
So you started with say 15psi in the manifold before chiller, and ended up at 17psi in the manifold, and gained 70HP? Basically what im asking is when you say you added 2psi and the chiller, Im assuming you mean you added 2 psi of manifold boost showing on the gauge.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 4,260 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance

Good info, how long did you run that motor for?
I`d like to run a stage 4 BDS 10-71 with Dart iron heads, 8.2cr, 540ci bow tie block with an intercooler at 7-8psi and know that its a safe set up.
I plan on running a intake temp gauge before and after the intercooler to keep an eye on the intake temps on those hot days too...

Does coolerman have a web page?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Correct, we added the chiller and some overdrive at the same time. Think it was 12 to 14 lbs roughly
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS
Correct, we added the chiller and some overdrive at the same time. Think it was 12 to 14 lbs roughly
Gotcha. That sounds about right to me. Did the boat go faster?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Good info, how long did you run that motor for?
I`d like to run a stage 4 BDS 10-71 with Dart iron heads, 8.2cr, 540ci bow tie block with an intercooler at 7-8psi and know that its a safe set up.
I plan on running a intake temp gauge before and after the intercooler to keep an eye on the intake temps on those hot days too...

Does coolerman have a web page?
http://pfintercoolers.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PF-Ma...8911?ref=br_tf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.