When it comes time to sell your boat >

When it comes time to sell your boat

Notices

When it comes time to sell your boat

Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyain
Ask me that question when the car I built and raced for years and put hundreds of hours into work into it was sold to someone i thought would continue to race and maintain it and use it's potential leaves my garage (pretty sure I sold it) and goes back to his house to maybe be put back together after the transmission grenaded (I was just driving it normal... shifted from 2nd to 3rd real easy like and somehow the input shaft on the transmission got ripped in half), mice got into the engine bay and destroyed the harness, and his dogs chewed up the fenders on a 100% mint exterior when i let it go.... I may not have a bitter answer then
Jeff, you shouldn't be talking about black thunder like that. Lol.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heh, I think what's making it even worse is that I've needed to get over to my boat now for a week to get valve springs out of the head to measure the rates on them but haven't had the time to do it... meanwhile every day I come home I have to look at my old car I don't even own anymore just sitting there lol
Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
So the other option is to part it out which is okay to me and I could get good money for everything. .
Really? You'd rather go through all the work taking it apart and dealing with having to sell dozens of parts and dealing with tons of random people? That sounds better than taking a check and enjoying a new boat?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Really? You'd rather go through all the work taking it apart and dealing with having to sell dozens of parts and dealing with tons of random people? That sounds better than taking a check and enjoying a new boat?

I'm not saying it would be my first choice. Obviously selling it as a running piece is much easier, but I would part it out if I couldn't find a buyer. Unfortunately the reality of it is, is that an old Baja isn't going to fetch much, regardless if it has all the best parts and all new floors/stringers/interior/blue motor blah blah blah. the list goes on and on. Bottom line is I know it isn't worth 1/4 what I have in it. Which i fully understand and accept. But if it won't even sell at that Price I'd part it out to get rid of it. And or possibly keep some parts for a different project.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Emotional attachment/sentimental value, in my opinion, interferes with good judgement.

I tried to buy a guys boat last year that couldn't get over the fact that he was 25% high and eventually he lost a sell that he needed badly. He eventually lowered price by more then 30% of his original asking price.

I agree with some here, once they buy it, its theirs. They can do what they want with it.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same tune different note, I had someone decide not to buy my boat because of how I have kept it up!
His comment was that he wanted a boat to use and abuse and resell at the end of the year or two.
And my boat was in too good of shape and to sentimental to me for that!

What ever! Get over it, its a hobby, sport or what ever. Yes I enjoy and love the boat!
Someone has always told me that my boat is a love hate relationship!
I love it, but hate to sell it.
But hate to sell it!
I do not 'have' to sell mine, but if someon wanted to buy it I would sell. And that is not all that bad of a deal
Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered

Its nice to see your old boat again and better to see in looking good as if it was still yours.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I absolutely HATE to sell ANYTHING!! Not that I am sentimental or attached to things, but it torques my nuts when some a-hole starts picking apart and putting down my stuff to try to "bargain"!! Had a guy talk to me for weeks about buying my old Crownline, asks me a dozen times if I would take like $10K less than I was asking. I told him NO everytime, then he finally agrees to my price only to show up with a check for $4K less than the agreed price. I told him he was going to have a very tough time getting that boat home. He asks why? I say, "you didn't buy a trailer!!" He pulls out the $4k in cash and smiles... ARGH!! That was over 2 years ago, and he still calls me wanting advice on what wax to use, or how to change the impellor, etc......
Old 10-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
Its nice to see your old boat again and better to see in looking good as if it was still yours.
Very well said.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trannyjoe
Agreed. If a person really enjoys taking care of their things and has pride, why would they not want to see someone else appreciate and continue the hard work they put into something.

I don't think being sentimental necessarily impedes good judgment, but it certainly can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.