Help 38 Top Gun on a 35 Myco trailer >

Help 38 Top Gun on a 35 Myco trailer

Notices

Help 38 Top Gun on a 35 Myco trailer

Old 08-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help 38 Top Gun on a 35 Myco trailer

I purchased a 1997 Top Gun on Sunday however it is sitting on a 35 foot Myco trailer. My question is will this boat/trailer package work. I think that the trailer is to short for the boat, but the dealer is saying it will be OK. The stern of the Top Gun hangs off the end of the 4x6 bunks about 12-14 inches and the bow feels very light and easy to push up off the front v block. The model number of the Myco is M35HTR. It was sold new to the original owner of this Top Gun however it was purchased with his 1989 Cafe Racer. I intend to trailer my boat from New Jersey to Florida for the winter and don't want to go for the ride of my life.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You need support all the way to the transom , Too Old is dead on there.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone it correct....but more so.....the bulk of the weight should be on the axles......the boat back to far will effect your tongue weight and how the boat trailers
Old 08-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

That trailer is not big enough, you also need plenty of tongue weight, if your going to be on the road for some 24 hrs to get to South Fla, you need the correct trailer. I have a 38 and the trailer is 41 feet long.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:29 PM
Registered

Definately not a good set up. You will regret it at somepoint during the trip.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ken
Definately not a good set up. You will regret it at somepoint during the trip.
About the first time you go down a long hill. The tongue should have about 10% of the weight on it. Also you will bend the boat if it isn't supported properly, induce a hook toward the back. get the right trailer and it makes all the difference, in the world. get the wrong one (or improper load) and I can swear to what happens. Was hauling a load of ATV's that were loaded to far back and ended up pitching an ATV and a sprayer off on to the interstate then proceeded to run one over, scared the crap out of me. I was 17 and I learned a huge lesson, just glad to be alive when it was over. The skid marks were on the interstate for over a year. I pass that spot 5 or 6 times a year and always remember what almost was.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It's only okay if you name your boat:
10 lbs of *hit

and name your trailer
a 5 lb bag

Just jokin'

Actually, not a good idea. When Iwas at my trailer manfacturer, the setup was to not hang it over the bunks in the rear. (I had to set my own bunk stops when I bought it, long story)
Old 08-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Do you have any more room to move the cradle for the bow farther forward. I have a Myco and you can adjust how far up the tongue the cradle can get moved. If you can get the whole boat on the bunks and have enough weight on the tongue then ylu will be fine. But you need to be able to support the whole boat and have the right tongue weight.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:01 PM
Intolerant1

I would have the hull checked for hook as well. I would think hanging the back off like that for extended time could cause hull problems.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

You need the transom completely supported.

Quick Reply: Help 38 Top Gun on a 35 Myco trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.