Notices

1000 Island Poker Run?

Old 07-24-2002, 01:43 PM
GRH

Default 1000 Island Poker Run?

I am hoping to attend the 1000 Island Poker Run August 23-25 and want to bring my family.... wife& 2 kids.... having never satyed in that area, AlexBay, I have no idea where to try to make resevations.... obviously I'd like something with dock facilities... Any help, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks - Gary.

Old 07-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary call me on this. I have all the info you need.

Shane
Old 07-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Gary,

My girlfriend and I are also going up for that weekend. It would be nice if we bumped into you up there, as it will be my first time as well. I saw you on Sacandaga sunday in mosquito bay (nice name). I wish I didn't have the company on my boat, I would have liked to have talked to you.

Shane,

Are you going to the poker run? I too would like some information on places to stop and see.

Thanks
ET
Old 07-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Registered

My wife and I were originally going to run my Skater together in the run, but then my wife's step brother decided the 25th was a good day to get married. I MAY have gotten the green light to go and run with a friend in his 28 Skater. Not 100% sure yet. She will let me know shortly. So as of now I MAY be there and I MAY NOT. HOPEFULLY it will be. I spoke to Gary and since he will not be entering and bringing the whole family, Alex Bay is the place to stay. The run begins and ends in Gananoque, Canada and that is whee most of the boats will be parked. If you are looking for a family destination Alex Bay is the place. If you are just looking at doing the high performance boat thing then go over the bridge to Gananoque. Your money goes MUCH further over there as well.

In Alex Bay the RiverEdge is teh nicest place by far but there are MANY other really nice and quaint places as well. Hop on the chambers web site and look around. Tuff finding rooms though. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Shane
Old 07-24-2002, 11:56 PM
Hustler 26

Sorry but the Riveredge is booked for that weekend. Something about a convention. Try Pine Tree Point or The Edgewood(not closed yet) . For a cheap clean room in the heart of A-bay try the Ship Motel. It is within walking distance of all the fun spots. Almost forgot, you might try Bonnie Castle Resort.

Old 07-25-2002, 08:57 AM
GRH

ET - Are you bringing your boat to AlexBay? I had both my kids with me when I saw you in "Stump Alley" (Mosq. Bay).... that area scares me a bit.... very shallow with lots of "land mines" hidden on the bottom... I'll be at the camp all weekend if your around stop down... Maybe I should participate in the run... If SHANE can run his 24 Skater there should be no trouble enttering the 24 SUPERBOAT... I thought that event had a 26' minimum? SHANE... any comment....

Old 07-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Registered

NOPE!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

Actually there is a 28' minimum length requirement. I also heard it is going to be strictly enforced from now on, due to an incident on the June run.
I ran in a little run up there this past weekend with 30+ boats, let me tell you, it gets ROUGH. I couldn't imagine running with over 100 boats, even if they do split them up. I talked to guy's who rode in 30+ length boats on the June/August runs who said there is no way they can hang with the big guys. Just stayed back and took a beating from their wakes.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Shane and Hot Boat's reply:

WHATEVER!

Last edited by Shane; 07-25-2002 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Let me clarify, I'm not trying to talk anybody out of entering... by all means, run if you can, it is a total rush!
But if you have a glass windshield.. be prepared for it to be laying in your lap by the end of the day!

Quick Reply: 1000 Island Poker Run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.