Bendpak garage lifts for home garage

Notices

Bendpak garage lifts for home garage

Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Is a 2-post lift feasible for long term parking?

I want:
To be able to lift my long-bed dually for infrequent maintenance.
To be able to stack two cars to conserve floor space.

Seems as though I'd have 1" total clearance (.5" each side) trying to squeeze the dually onto a 4-post ~8-10K lbs. 4-post lift. That's not really feasible.
But I like the simplicity of a 4-post lift for long term parking. We've only had a handful of earthquakes in my area in the past 25 years, but I have to imagine a 2-post lift with a car parked on it long term is a liability in that aspect, especially if it's parked on top of another (nice) vehicle.
You are thinking the EXACT same thing I have been thinking about........maybe we can find a 2-for-1 deal somewhere
Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
You are thinking the EXACT same thing I have been thinking about........maybe we can find a 2-for-1 deal somewhere
I'm interested in the answer too.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 176 Posts

I want:

Seems as though I'd have 1" total clearance (.5" each side) trying to squeeze the dually onto a 4-post ~8-10K lbs. 4-post lift. That's not really feasible.
But I like the simplicity of a 4-post lift for long term parking. We've only had a handful of earthquakes in my area in the past 25 years, but I have to imagine a 2-post lift with a car parked on it long term is a liability in that aspect, especially if it's parked on top of another (nice) vehicle.

It's possible but I wouldn't advise it. Especially with something really heavy; like a dually.
During a recent fuel tank repair project, I had my Camaro raised for a couple of weeks and wasn't worried at all. Had to keep it raised it so I could get my truck all the way inside the shop.

Another reason not to park a nice vehicle under another is, no drip pan on the 2-post lift. Suppose you could rig-up something.

Duallys typically need a larger lift (12k+ lbs). Larger lifts typically don't go as far down (or up) as say a 10K lift..This might be a problem, if you want to lift a low-slung sports model.

Depending on your situation, another possible plus with a 2-post lift is, you may be able to lift your boat off it's trailer if need be.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I want:

2post or 4post it would all depend on the manufacturers load ratings and those are also dependent on what foundation you are bolting to. Do you really want a vehicle sitting on its tires (4post) in long term storage?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRider
Do you really want a vehicle sitting on its tires (4post) in long term storage?
Four small scissor jacks would do the trick, just like motor homes sitting on jacks while being stored.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
2post or 4post it would all depend on the manufacturers load ratings and those are also dependent on what foundation you are bolting to. Do you really want a vehicle sitting on its tires (4post) in long term storage?
In one statement; you just swayed me over to the two-post.

My last custom truck which I sold a few months ago; only got driven 1000 miles/year. Each time I took it out; I had flat spots on the moderate profile (55 series) radial tires which took 15-30 minutes of drive time to even out. It was annoying as hell, and sometimes added to me not wanting to take it out.

There are the little cups you can put on the floor and drive the tires onto, but they are kind of a PITA as they move and slide unless you permanently stick them to the floor.

4 post lifts DO have the options of sliding lift jacks in the belly, but that's another step (2 steps), and you need to drag the air line over. And the 4-post lift takes up a lot more space.

Thank you for all the insight.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Bend Pak 9000 pound 4 post . I should have bought it years ago. It was3100 (ish) on the dock of my friends business. It lifts the better halfs H2 with out a grunt....
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I like this website...tons of options

http://www.carguygarage.com/carlift.html
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I found a dealer near my house sells BANDPAK and CHALLENGER and is pushing CHALLENGER.Does he make more money on Challenger or am I missing a valid reason for his choice ?

Last edited by sy goldberg; 11-01-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 11-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking into doing exactly what you want to do, a while back. I decided that these single post lifts are the best of both worlds. I don't know if this brand name is any good or not
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/At...Specialty-Lift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.