Bendpak garage lifts for home garage

Notices

Bendpak garage lifts for home garage

Old 10-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bendpak garage lifts for home garage

I've done some research and they seem to be one of the better choices.I would like any feedback as I have 4 months at least until the new car arrives. I have a 12 foot garage ceiling so I guess I have options
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

What are you getting Sy???
Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sy,

Bendpak is good stuff, but take at look at the Rotary stuff too. I got one of the first Rotary InBay lifts (Legenday Motorcars TV Show got Serial #1, I got #2) with the built in Lift Point Computer and soft touch controls(one finger operation) on both sides as well as built in electrical and air supply. It is rock solid and has been completely trouble free for almost a decade.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 10-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

For the Corvette?

You might specify if 4 post or dual post...

I have the bendpak 4 post- heavy construction over the cheaper lifts...I think Rotary was comparable quality but more $ and may have used lever releases (been a couple years)

a) options- available in grey or black for extra charge- my grey was the color of baby poop- I negotiated a discount and kept lift..(black might be good)
b) the air charging system was marginal and leaks- I installed a shrader valve near control unit and charge with portable air can- not sure if that option is now standard issue it was new design when I got mine-
c) Had them not install the stickers- no charge
d) get the aluminum ramps
Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Sy,

Bendpak is good stuff, but take at look at the Rotary stuff too. I got one of the first Rotary InBay lifts (Legenday Motorcars TV Show got Serial #1, I got #2) with the built in Lift Point Computer and soft touch controls(one finger operation) on both sides as well as built in electrical and air supply. It is rock solid and has been completely trouble free for almost a decade.

Cheers,

Dave
What's with all the bolt cutters on the wall ? how many do you need ?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've done a bit of research on this subject for my own garage. If you are looking at a 4 post lift, I think the bendpak is a better choice than say the dannmar. My father has a bendpak hd-7 and swears by it.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

My friend has the 4 post 7000# Dannmar. Had my 6000lbs Navigator on it and it sat rock solid without the lift bolted down to the concrete.We use it for my Viper GTS [ 3350lbs] and my friend's NobleM400 [ 2350 lbs] ,it will be more than enough for your Vette . What I like about this lift is that one can move it around on casters if needed to.
You can read about them here > http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=63370

Last edited by spectras only; 10-29-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used or sold about every brand out there. They can have their issues and all can work perfect even the china made ones. The most important thing I have found is buy if from a reputable place that will take care of you if you have any problems. On a forward I had 2 motor failures, Challenger had airlocks fail, No problems with rotary, but no problems with the no name china lift either. I do know forward rep was trying to get out of replacing the motor on the second failure in a week, Had a hydraulic shop rebuild the motor no more problems, eventually forward paid the bill. For 2 post stuff I do like that Challenger has adjustable arms to be symmetrical like most or asymmetrical like rotary.

Last edited by professor_speed; 10-29-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Bashing the wrong brand oops
Old 10-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
I've done some research and they seem to be one of the better choices.I would like any feedback as I have 4 months at least until the new car arrives. I have a 12 foot garage ceiling so I guess I have options
ok you want to keep the money in the us or support china??? thats where thay are made along with rotary..Rotary colums seperate when lifting heavy stuff..then the arm falls out..you want to keep in in america and want a american built lift look into ALM lifts or mohawk..if you want cheap then buy a forward or challenger..http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...FSgSMwodg10AnA
Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Give the Gemini lifts a look. Great product, good guys, Made in US. I've had mine, a 12k 2 poster for about 5 yrs. Its for personal use, so it doesn't get used everyday, but I can't see ever wearing it out. They are made to order, so you can get any color you want or any changes you may have in mind .A distributor of theirs did a very sano install. If you get a high capacity lift, the arms are going to be bigger (thicker) making it more difficult to slide under a low slung sports car...just have to talk to them about your options. I thought it was very fairly priced. A lift will absolutley add 30+ years (if you live that long) to your wrenching / tikering hobby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.