Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA's Grand Bahama races. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30476-apbas-grand-bahama-races.html)

Ted Zoli 08-02-2002 11:33 AM

APBA's Grand Bahama races.

Hi all,

There may be some confusion on the APBA's Grand Bahama race with respect to which classes will be racing there. I am sorry for that; the confusion is due to my not putting clear enough information on our web site. It will be amplified.

All classes will race in the Grand Bahamas which is the final race in the APBA Pro-Series and therefore determines the National Championships. All boats, trailers and tow vehicles in the classes will be taken there and back free. Typical round trip flights from New York are $299.00, and from say West Palm Beach Florida, $200. Prices on room packages will be announced, and they will be a very good value.

Fans are more than welcome and some charter flights may be available. We are working on that.

The Grand Bahama people are determined that we all have a great time visiting their island, and i'm sure we will do just that!

Hope to see you there.

Ted Zoli, President APBA Offshore

PS Thank you Board Gods for having a great forum at which to make this post.

Reindl Powerboats 08-02-2002 12:10 PM

Ted,

Congrats again and thanks for the update. We will have all our boats there and cannot wait for this race. It's going to be a blast.

Chris Reindl
www.reindlpowerboats.com

TulsaLarry 08-02-2002 12:28 PM

Ted, your right about there being confusion as this has been a hot topic for a few weeks now with a lot of speculation but no information from APBA. As of today I have yet to see an announcement from APBA, when do we expect to release the details?

Good luck on the race, wish I could go.

CigDaze 08-02-2002 02:38 PM

Re: APBA's Grand Bahama races.

Originally posted by Ted Zoli
...the Grand Bahamas, which is the final race in the APBA Pro-Series and therefore determines the National Championships...
Hey Ted!
So, does this confirm that St. Pete is over?
Thanks.
:cool:

Offshore Addiction 08-02-2002 03:01 PM

That's a good question Bajadaze. St Pete is the one race we really look forward to- close to home and sponsorship opportunities are easier to obtain when they can attend a race near our hometown.....

PokerFace 08-02-2002 04:22 PM

Ted,
Thanks for the update....do you have dates yet...? Barkley:cool:

Gordo 08-08-2002 12:14 AM

Congratulations Ted !!!!

First off, let me congratulate you on your new position as Commander in Chief of APBA Offshore. Next, allow me to congratulate APBA Offshore on the Bahama race. I know it has been a work in progress for quite some time and I am already hearing some of the excitement generated by the upcoming event.
Now, alow me to possibly be the first one to put you on the spot and ask you a tough question...
Is the St. Petersburg race going to happen as scheduled, and if not, what is the reason for the race falling through?

MavFlyBy 08-08-2002 10:00 AM

Grand Bahama, sounds like a blast to me especially if you all can get some room packages out. Airfare is $350 roundtrip out of Virginia. Anyways, if I dont fly a friend of mine has a Cigarette boat down in the keys he's thinking of cruising over to the Bahamas in. Whare the rules/regs for going to the Bahamas? Are there customs for the boats and all? Any help would be great, Thanks!

RWMARINE 08-08-2002 10:27 AM

WHAT

TED
WHAT THE H@!! ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING. LET'S TRY AND MAKE A SCHEDULE WE CAN KEEP!!! PEOPLE MAKE AIR & LODGING PLANS AND THEN YOU GO AND CHANGE THINGS, THAT SUCKS.
NOT TO SAY WHAT IT DOES TO SPONSORS.

Gordo 08-08-2002 10:45 AM

RWMarine

I completely agree with you, but, it would seem that the St. Pete race is a wash due to problems above and beyond APBA's control. There are a number of rumors flying around, but if you start digging and discover the facts, I think you would have even more reason to be pissed, and not at APBA.