Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bravo 1, Hydromotive, or revolution 4 >

Bravo 1, Hydromotive, or revolution 4

Notices

Bravo 1, Hydromotive, or revolution 4

Old 11-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No no man, I was trying to be combative at all.

You've obviously read/been told all the "standard" replies to this prop vs that prop. Until you have the chance to put all that advice into real world application it's just filler. Your boat and mine are almost identical, NO difference except mine is maybe a foot or two longer running surface maybe a couple hundred pounds. The key here is the DEEP drive. Another key here is folks opinions comparing apples to oranges...lab not labbed...3 vs 4 blades....

I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, sorry man. But check it out, 4 out of 5 of your replies point you to a Mirage Plus....
Old 11-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I didn't think you were a jerk, I though maybe I was coming off that way lol. Basically the guy at hydromotive said that the quad 4 cut down to 14 3/4 has given great t results. The guy at bblades said the bravo 1 labbed would give the best performance all around, and recommended that if I didn't want a labbed prop then to get the revolution 4 as it gives more bow lift out of the box then other 4 blades.

I am going to borrow a bravo 1 24p from a buddy to get my base, I have access to a hydromotive 25p, and a Mirage plus 23p as well.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Registered

Also you have a 23 degree hull to my 24 degree, I think the same beam, mine might be a little narrower
Old 11-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered

No, they are both 24* and the same beam.

Sounds like you have what you need for base testing. Just remember the stock Mirage + slips and blows out something fierce. But labbed correctly it's the proper wheel for your boat.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Thats a really good speed from an hp500 in a 24 outlaw with just a out of the box 4 blade. What prop came factory? and what did it run 72 ish stock?
The boat came with the Hydro. I was testing props because I too was told how the Mirage 3 blade would be better. The boat did not handle well at all with the 3 blade. It was diving all over especially in some chop. I am not disputing the claims by the others about the success of the 3 blade, just that when I ran the props the hydro was the best for my boat.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Both my 25 ol and 33ol handle better with b1s! 3 blades will be faster labbed for wot, but the 4 blades will perform better overall. Better hole shot, carry load at cruise w/o losing speed. Responds better to trim and more stable ride on boat boats.

Depends on where your running at.. I run cruise at 50 MPH 90% of time. I do want to add some cup to the tips to help carry bow. Undecided on labbing will be cost effective. I need to fix a prop anyway with a lil bent.. but labbing.. $$??
Old 11-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered

Labbing is expensive no doubt, almost doubles the cost. Out of the box the 4 blade, especially the Rev 4, will "feel better". M+ props aren't impressive stock, in fact they suck. But the benefits of labbing are not just about being a couple of clicks faster.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

For standard height drives, Rev4 or Mirage Plus. Bravo1 is you want cruise efficiency. Unless you have a really high x-dimension, stay away from the Hydromotive.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Both my 25 ol and 33ol handle better with b1s! 3 blades will be faster labbed for wot, but the 4 blades will perform better overall. Better hole shot, carry load at cruise w/o losing speed. Responds better to trim and more stable ride on boat boats.

Depends on where your running at.. I run cruise at 50 MPH 90% of time. I do want to add some cup to the tips to help carry bow. Undecided on labbing will be cost effective. I need to fix a prop anyway with a lil bent.. but labbing.. $$??
Try a set of Rev4 props first. I'll bet you never run the B1s again.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Registered

Yea it would make sense the the 33 outlaw would run well with bravo 1's as my understanding bravo 1's were engineered to be ideal with twins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.