Trip to Chicago next year???? >

Trip to Chicago next year????

Notices

Trip to Chicago next year????

Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip to Chicago next year????

We live in St.Louis, and we are thinking about heading up to Chicago next year for a long weekend trip, I have a 24 Baja that I run at Loto, its no 40fter but we manage...so anyway, would we just get totally destroyed up there? Where do we go? Where are the hot spots? Where do I put the boat in? I want to keep it in the water, I don't want to tow it around and I know it wont fit in a parking garage..Give me the ins and outs of it..is it worth doing?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stlliberator
We live in St.Louis, and we are thinking about heading up to Chicago next year for a long weekend trip, I have a 24 Baja that I run at Loto, its no 40fter but we manage...so anyway, would we just get totally destroyed up there? Where do we go? Where are the hot spots? Where do I put the boat in? I want to keep it in the water, I don't want to tow it around and I know it wont fit in a parking garage..Give me the ins and outs of it..is it worth doing?
Do yourself a favor and go south of go to michigan..illinois sucks,,dont ask me how i know...lake michigan is just ok but it will eat a hole in your pocket...really nothing to do on the lake but hang out,,no really bar lifr to speak of unless you hang at a yaught club..if your looking for boating like loto then the chain o lakes is where you want to go..tons of bars and real easy to get lost because its marked like crap..head up on a Wednesday and catch the jetboat races at blarney's island and then its a party all weekend from thurs to sunday afternoon.. funonthefox.com
Old 11-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I would say your best bet for a good time is to come up the weekend of the Michigan City boat races. You can get a slip at the marina and check out some racing! The big hangout spot is boaters beach which is only about 20 miles from the marina. As far as conditions it is hit or miss. You can head out at noon in 1' and come back at 4-5 in 6-8's. Ask me how I know.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Come up to lake st clair, there is all kinds of boating to do, 24' will do just fine there, it gets sloppy some times but nothing like the big lakes. If you're looking for a party, Muscamoot bay is a huge party every Saturday and Sunday(200-300 boats) throughout the whole summer. Everyone rafts off in waist deep water and its a sandy bottom. There are plenty of waterside restaurant/bars to checkout. You could stay at Metro park which is centrally located to most places. They have nice docks and a lot of people cruise through there during the day so it's pretty cool boat watching.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

or go north don't go to Chicago nothing to do , not boater friendly milwakee is much better , launch at whinthrop harbor you can get transient slips as for the lake their are days its flat or days its 5'
Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

How far of a drive is it to all these other lakes..Im not one for towing a boat for more then 5-6 hrs anymore..
Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I would second the idea of the chain for bar hopping, people watching, prop bending, etc. For long range cruising head to the Michigan side. Tons of good boating!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waycool marine
or go north don't go to Chicago nothing to do , not boater friendly milwakee is much better , launch at whinthrop harbor you can get transient slips as for the lake their are days its flat or days its 5'
Agreed, I would come up during the Summerfest week. Last week of June 28-July 10th. Lot's going on.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Lake st clair is only about 11/2-2 hrs from Michigan/Ohio border. Here is a picture of Muscamoot Bay fun times.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 12meter joe; 11-03-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Damn 12 centimeter Joe that looks like a party!! that does go on every weekend or once a year kind of thing?

and about $hitcago...it could be something great.. but it isn`t.

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 11-03-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.