Boating the Illinois and Kankakee River >

Boating the Illinois and Kankakee River

Notices

Boating the Illinois and Kankakee River

Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
My friend smoked some sort of concrete abutment that is underwater on the north end of the narrows in peoria pool, just outside the channel markers on the east side. Happens regularly when the water is low apparently.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7323.../data=!3m1!1e3

Early last year when the water was high, we drove anywhere. Later in the year when it got low, you can barely go out of the channel anywhere.
Looks to be right around the water intake area just North of the Rt. 24 bridge? Why on earth would you run outside the channel markers even when the river is up?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
The man speaks truth!!!

Enough... What boat do run around there in?
He runs a 42' Outerlimits Legacy out of New Buffalo Michigan. One of the nicest ones around!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mike P....here's Gary (Enough 4 Play)'s boat...but I don't think you'll see it too much on the river...
Attached Thumbnails Boating the Illinois and Kankakee River-dsc_2522.jpg  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
Sorry I should of been more clear. I meant the bridge on the Kankakee River. Thank you for giving me the heads up there. I have a 2001 Baja 25 Outlaw.
You will have no problem running underneath the bridge that crosses the Kankakee River. Again, I cannot stress this enough that you should not run that section of the river without someone with experience showing you around. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours over 25 years of boating the sections that you are referring to and you can boat it with no problems if you know where you are at.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Mike P....here's Gary (Enough 4 Play)'s boat...but I don't think you'll see it too much on the river...
When did you get that shot.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
He runs a 42' Outerlimits Legacy out of New Buffalo Michigan. One of the nicest ones around!
You will not see my 42 on the river. It is a Lake Michigan boat.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
My friend smoked some sort of concrete abutment that is underwater on the north end of the narrows in peoria pool, just outside the channel markers on the east side. Happens regularly when the water is low apparently.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7323.../data=!3m1!1e3

Early last year when the water was high, we drove anywhere. Later in the year when it got low, you can barely go out of the channel anywhere.
Driver beware if you run outside of the channel markers. I would not recommend you doing it at anytime no matter how high the water is. You can go from 15ft of water inside the channel markers to less than 2 feet deep just outside of the markers. There is also an underwater wingdam down by Ottawa Illinois on the Illinois River that is not marked very well.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
When did you get that shot.
2010...the year we did that Miller Run before the races at Michigan City.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Looks to be right around the water intake area just North of the Rt. 24 bridge? Why on earth would you run outside the channel markers even when the river is up?
Captain was on the tube! Someone else was driving. And it was literally 20' or less on the other side of a marker. Someone said there used to be a structure there. It was on the east side of the channel in the narrows.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

The rivers around here are a jinx, whenever I`ve hit or scraped or sucked up anything it was always on the river.
I avoid em and only go for testing and the river cost me 3 drives, one bravo, 2 SSM, how does that happen on flat water !? JINX I tell ya!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.