Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run >

Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

Notices

Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

Old 08-05-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

If you didn't participate in the VA Beach poker run this past weekend, you missed out. Great people, awesome boats and incredible weather! Best of all, the HRPBA raised over $100K for charity. Great job John, Rick and everybody else who organized this event!

John -- next year, the naked moonlight cruise ought to be a regular part of the program.....
Old 08-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Thanks for coming down and playing! Turn out was excellent and it's only gonna get larger next year...

Hmmmm, naked moonlight cruise huh?...
Old 08-05-2002, 04:51 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A great time was had by all!

Next year should be bigger and better.

Positive comments about the run was all we heard. Folks were in awe as they collected thir chip right next to the USS Wisconsin Battle ship. The USCG training ship was also in port, not to mention the Aircraft Carriers, submarines and the constant fighter planes over head.

The tourists at the ocean front were given some cool eye candy as we all flew across the swells towards the first stop. The helo got some great shots of boats with the hotels and beach front in the background.

The homes that lined some of the no wake zones were just simply awsome.

This is an event that should be marked on all OSO members calandar for next year, you won't want to miss the Little Creek Regatta Poker Run.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

No doubt about it - a good time was had by all.

Vel - glad to hear your problem was minor. Maybe we'll see you next weekend. I got a great shot of Suzi and you I'll email you.

Just to prove what beautiful weather we had here is a shot I took Saturday evening on the way to the party. Couldn't have been prettier..
Attached Thumbnails Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run-sunset.jpg  
Old 08-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

Hey Cig. Loved the sound of those engines when we were idling back to Marina Shores. Wonder if the tables in the restaurants were shaking??

Unfortunately, the "simple problem" wasn't so simple. It's down again. It'll run about 3 minutes before frying another fuse. Don't know whether it's a bad fuel pump or a short somewhere else. I may miss the Velocity poker run this weekend, but will look for you and Suzi in the pits. A couple of the HRPBA folks want to meet again at Chippoaks before summer's over too.

Enjoyed hanging out with y'all. Looking forward to more jello shooters soon!!
Old 08-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Must have been the weekend for fuel pumps. I was flushing the engines in my driveway after I got home and looked in the engine hatch. The starboard fuel pump was throwing gas all over the engine compartment. Lucky I didn't go boom!!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Default Thanks for joining

Thank you all for being part of this years St. Judes Research Hospital Poker Run. The weather was perfect. The people were great. The total amount we raised was over $103,000. The partys went well and the sites were a perfect pick. Rick designed the runs stops and I think we showed things to people that they only see on TV. The pictures look great but I'm still waiting the get back the one while towing Lee back. Her & Barb standing on the back of the boat put the icing on the cake for a great day.

I would have to say that the the naked moonlight cruise was the best part of the day and it will be on for next year if I'm in charge. It might catch on like the Helo Flashing Steve and their crew at RPBA have started. We might have a convoy before its all over. Too bad you have a no camera rule!!
John
Old 08-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

John/Bill/Rick - was the 'copter taking video or stills? Are copies available?

Remind me about the naked cruise next year. I'm "up" for it.

Old 08-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered

The pics are at Boatpix.com and they are still. This year the option to go with our own helicopter was tabled until a better plan is created to cover the costs. Next year it will certainly be a consideration.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

Pics pics pics!!! We need pics!!

Quick Reply: Congrats to organizers of VA Beach poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.