Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Anything over $500 Im out, no deal to be had here
Old 11-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I too have experienced a scam only from a Donald Hale. I have a 1976 Browning Mustang II 165 hp Mercruiser with 660 hours - All Original. This guy sent me an email and offered full price without seeing the boat or asking any questions. I responded to play his games someplace else. I have often said what this country needs is a good "God Father" to take care of such issues.

Take care and remember spring is just 5 months away

3pointstar
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will offer you 600 for it but will be sending you a certified check for 8000 which..................
Old 11-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Had a fairly normal sounding email through PM about my MTI I have listed in the classified from GEORGE WILLIAMS and he had a normal sounding yahoo email. We have swapped probably 6-8 emails with him asking fairly educated questions about power and speed and trailer etc... I tell him the price and end with K as in $350k! He sends me an email back telling me he will wire me the funds in the morning wanting my full name, address, zip code, and phone number and we can wire funds. This time I can tell he is using a translator from the very bad English and him offering me $350 whole dollars for my boat!! Just watch out because I bet they are targeting more than just me and he may go away as I have questioned his lineage along with just about every foreign slur I can think of!! I made up racial slurs that I have never even heard of and I hope he is deeply offended...

I got an email from the same person on Monday.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i had a guy mail me a check for my old boat. it even has a water mark in it!! check this out!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]511930[/ATTACH]

they are getting good!!
Attached Thumbnails Beware Scammer from classifieds!!-001.jpg  
Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the same email from him
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I too received an email from Mr. Williams in reference to my ad for my Freightliner. I responded to his email and asked for him to give me a call so I could make sure that he wasn't some dickwad that's wasting my time....and of course didn't get a call. That always works to weed them out.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

he gave me a houston number. i knew it was a scam after i increased the price 60k over what was listed and he agreed.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88bullet
i had a guy mail me a check for my old boat. it even has a water mark in it!! check this out!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]511930[/ATTACH]

they are getting good!!
That looks pretty damn legit. Always call and verify cashiers checks. They steal real checks and fill them in thats usually how they have water marks and legit account numbers. Been through that nightmare.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

A buddy was selling some bike parts and had a scamer text him saying "I would like to buy the item in your cl add" he replied back "Which add the one for the bike parts or the used purple personal massager." Scammer texted back saying "I'll take both" then continued with all the agent crap. It was freaking awesome guy had no clue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.