Mystic Building New 40-foot Catamaran Series >

Mystic Building New 40-foot Catamaran Series

Notices

Mystic Building New 40-foot Catamaran Series

Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Nice! Always good seeing new designs come out, particularly happy one will be racing!
Hope the bottom stays together better than the 50 on the race course
Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Nice! Always good seeing new designs come out, particularly happy one will be racing!
Hope the bottom stays together better than the 50 on the race course
What boat(s) might you be speaking of?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noli
who makes the wrap-around windshield for the pleasure model ?

Jim Lee / Triumph aerospace.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tborisch
I'm sure he is talking about JBS.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Driver-441
Racer

The Geico 50 came apart more than once
My Way blew apart on a river

Lets not turn this into this kind of thread lol

Congrats on your new purchase! Cant wait to see the finished product. Its truly awesome that someone will race it in a spec class too.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Congrats on your new purchase! Cant wait to see the finished product. Its truly awesome that someone will race it in a spec class too.
Im not trying to make it into "that kind of thread." I am just addressing a conversation that you started.

Geico: That was hull number one (Long Lite) and had been beat to death for quite some time even before Geico bought the boat. It was originally fitted with sponson tips that were removable, and later glassed on. it gave way, Geico never had enough down time to properly add the structure that everybody knew it needed.

My Way: The owner launched it, the boat came down on its side. The deck of that boat has air intakes on it that you could park a VW beetle in. When it came down, the water pressure blew it apart. John put it back together, and the boat runs amazing (Clearly).

JBS: John admitted that it was his fault, and replaced the hull. The old JBS hull was repaired and has been racing in trinidad as Perimont ever sense. That boat is not treated with kid gloves and is holding together nicely.

My Boat: (The JBS replacement) was sent to skater to repair some damage the even Peter reported to be nothing serious. I have had no issues with the boat sense.

The boats hold up fine.. the lamination schedule is amazing, and they are blistering fast.

All good, just wanted to set the record straight.

Tom
Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Im not trying to make it into "that kind of thread." I am just addressing a conversation that you started.

Geico: That was hull number one (Long Lite) and had been beat to death for quite some time even before Geico bought the boat. It was originally fitted with sponson tips that were removable, and later glassed on. it gave way, Geico never had enough down time to properly add the structure that everybody knew it needed.

My Way: The owner launched it, the boat came down on its side. The deck of that boat has air intakes on it that you could park a VW beetle in. When it came down, the water pressure blew it apart. John put it back together, and the boat runs amazing (Clearly).

JBS: John admitted that it was his fault, and replaced the hull. The old JBS hull was repaired and has been racing in trinidad as Perimont ever sense. That boat is not treated with kid gloves and is holding together nicely.

My Boat: (The JBS replacement) was sent to skater to repair some damage the even Peter reported to be nothing serious. I have had no issues with the boat sense.

The boats hold up fine.. the lamination schedule is amazing, and they are blistering fast.

All good, just wanted to set the record straight.

Tom
Great info, glad you posted it thank you!
Was not aware of a lot of that. Can't wait to see your boat done, congratulations again.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, let me jump in here for a second, CLEARLY you were the one to start the hole topic about the bottom (which wasn't very cool especially since this thread is a celebration of a new design and for some a newly purchased boat), That being said maybe I can shed some light on your comment. JBS's original boat was a straight bulkhead E-Glass boat (typically a pleasure boat design and construction) and was not the carbon fiber designed boat that EVERY RACE boat has been since. As far as Geico's Famous Mystic, that hull if i'm not mistaken was actually a Tencara that was converted into the legendary hull we all know as Mystic today. Lastly, MY WAY didn't just blow apart running down a river, it suffered a catastrophic crash and was damaged because of that crash (and by the way, look at her now 224mph, WHAT?). Budweiser, Aqua Mania, Cintron have all raced for several years under the most grueling conditions (some have even rolled over, sorry Aqua) and have sustained no damage, no issues and typically are the class of the field. If you would like to further discuss this please PM me, thank you and lets go back to celebrating MYSTIC's accomplishments and records!

Tom, CONGRATS on your new boat! I can't wait to see her run!!!!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

Jim Lee / Triumph aerospace.
impressive, that's aerospace stuff!

photo credit: TriumpH Group http://www.triumphgroup.com/companie...dow-inspection

Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like their filming Miami Vice Part II!

:CH1P:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.