Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boats on trailers outside without covers. >

Boats on trailers outside without covers.

Notices

Boats on trailers outside without covers.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boats on trailers outside without covers.

I can' t figure out why people do that. I saw a boat today. It was an older style offshore boat on a trailer. Nice lines. Twin engines. Older style bolster seats. Cool looking boat. Kinda retro. Snow on the ground. No cover. What's up with that?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It amazes me to see that too especially newer stuff. My uncle leaves the top off his cruiser all summer, just rains in the boat etc, "its a boat its made to get wet" Then wonders why all the vinyl starts cracking. I just don't get it.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

When I'm in the market I look for boats like that cause you know they are f_ed up and will go for pennies on the dollar. But you also know you have to fix them.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, I don’t get it either… My boat is inside unless I’m in it! I never bought into the “It’s a boat…” crap!! I guess everyone is different but boats are only to be wet on the bottom in my opinion…

Last edited by Scagburner; 11-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same people that put the boat away without flushing the engine ,cleaning the weekend gunk off and walk all over their boat in shoes... Then they wonder why our boats always look so good.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
walk all over their boat in shoes.
I guess it's that time of year for the "boats and shoes" thread. Ha.......I wear MY shoes in MY boat if I want too. I fail to see where any of the boats I have owned have suffered as a result. I avoid stepping on the seats, but the floor is non-skid that easily cleans up.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
I guess it's that time of year for the "boats and shoes" thread. Ha.......I wear MY shoes in MY boat if I want too. I fail to see where any of the boats I have owned have suffered as a result. I avoid stepping on the seats, but the floor is non-skid that easily cleans up.
so come down to Miami store your boat at Grove Harbour Marina where I store mine and walk around the grease and diesel soot covered concrete for a few minutes and then walk all over your boat, you'll change your tune pretty quick. you must be lucky enough to keep your boat in a place where the ground is clean.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
so come down to Miami store your boat at Grove Harbour Marina where I store mine and walk around the grease and diesel soot covered concrete for a few minutes and then walk all over your boat, you'll change your tune pretty quick. you must be lucky enough to keep your boat in a place where the ground is clean.
Point taken. Do I take my shoes off every time I enter my house? NO. Do I take them off after walking around in an excessively dirty area? YES.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner
but boats are only to be wet on the bottom in my option…
There's a bunch of people that wouldn't consider leaving their boat in the water overnight !
Old 11-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one of my neighbors leaves his boat uncovered outside all summer long. I don't understand it either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.