Notices

Do Spray on Waxes Work?

Old 08-08-2002, 06:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Spray on Waxes Work?

Are spray waxes any good? It seems like a good way to shine the boat in the summer. I had the boat detailed 6 weeks ago, will that wax be affected by the spray wax? Do they really protect, and would putting on more than one coat help? Any brands you recommend? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:02 AM
jb
Registered

I use it for touch ups between good applications with a buffer. Keeps it nice and shiny. Dont expect long lasting durabilitty, but thats not what its for. I usually use it after I wash it...which is every time I take the boat out. Mostly on the Bow and Deck, And every where I can reach if the boats in the water for the weekend. I use meguiars or however you spell it. Top brands make a difference here
Old 08-08-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

Default I give mine a good coat of wax in the spring...

then I use Eagle Wet spray wax the rest of the summer.
I love this spray on stuff. Quick and easy.

No it won't last forever but it is super fast and I will do the rub rail up about every other week end. ET of completion 20 to 30 minutes on 24' cat.

Yes that a black cat
Many other brand name hand waxes leave streaks and smears but not Eagle Wet
Old 08-08-2002, 07:53 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Yes, YES THEY DO!

There several brands and several types. For instance, Meguiars has a spray wax (Quick Wax) and they have a detailer (Quick Detailer). The spray is just that, a wax. You spray it on, wipes it in circles and then after it hazes you wipe it off. Very easy. The detailer, spray on, wipe off. They can at times leaves smears but only if you look at it at the right angle and the sun will make quick repair of them. Both work best after you have a good base of regular wax. I use them all the time on my vehicles, snowmobiles, boats etc.. They also help in not having to use regualr wax as often and leave a really nice shine!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:11 AM
22Velocity

Smile

Skygod, In the spring I polished my Velocity with Zaino Bros. products, after I take it out of the water I wash it and follow up with their Gloss Enhancer,there is no wax or silicones in their products. My advice stay away from waxes,they don't last and many of them streak. I use Zaino products on my 3 cars and even the polished marble vanitys in the bathrooms,the hand towels glide across the finish. Frank

Old 08-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

For a guick clean-up try "Glosser" it's a wax impregnated cloth that removes water spots & fingerprints. No substuite for a real wax job but great for use every week. I got mine at Auto Zone, comes 5 cloths to a pack.

DaveHam
Old 08-08-2002, 09:47 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

3M Clean and Shine. Takes off water spots, leaves a beautiful shine and water beads of nicely. I have a black boat, so you know where I am coming from. I get mine from Boat US.

Paul
Old 08-08-2002, 09:57 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I use 3M Clean & Shine also. Like all the other spray waxes, it doesn't last too long, but it's very easy to work with and does a nice job for what it is.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally posted by DaveHam
For a guick clean-up try "Glosser" it's a wax impregnated cloth that removes water spots & fingerprints. No substuite for a real wax job but great for use every week. I got mine at Auto Zone, comes 5 cloths to a pack.

DaveHam
I too have been using the Glosser product. Works grat as a touch up or as a spot cleaner wax. It also works great for cleaning sea gull ****. It comes in a reasealable bag and I found it at Walmart.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:44 AM
Registered

Smile

In my case the spray on's were too slippery. I couldn't even crawl out on my deck without risk of sliding off. Finally had to use sprays on sides and transom only...

Quick Reply: Do Spray on Waxes Work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.