The proper way to winterize your boat! >

The proper way to winterize your boat!

Notices

The proper way to winterize your boat!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
The winterization slap once again. You've got us now but we will talk again, lets say June when its a 100+ where you are at and we are in the perfect season.
jokes on you, that is the perfect season down here, water is like bath water, usually glass calm, and oh yeah i almost forgot the best part, we have the Bahamas a very short boat ride away!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This works for me! I guess June, July and August will be when I work on the boat because it'll be too hot to boat.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about everyone else but I know that I and another forum member had out boats out 2 days ago here in central Ohio. Such die hard boaters we had to have someone stay on shore to back out trailers down cause the docks were pulled. 24hrs later it was snowing. Talk about cramming in a winterization at the last minute.

Sooooooo how many southern boaters go out in 40 degree weather... if it ever gets that low.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

That's it . I'm going to call the potus and see about getting a law signed to stop this discrimination and harassment of northern boaters . I will also be in contact with DHS to see about directing a blast of cold artic air from our Canuck friends to you coldafoabs in the deep south . Chant it....coldboatrights , coldboatrights , coldboatrights...... Glassdave says UP YOURS !!

http://youtu.be/HJpNr7peZsg

Last edited by the deep; 11-12-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Yall make me sick! ....I can't wait for retirement!! About 6 years to go (telling myself to just hang in there for a bit longer!)

I've never been down to where you guys are at - but would like to visit sometime. We go to Daytona every Feb for speedweek, then Panama City a couple times a year (easy 1 day drive). I will be living in Florida one of these days!

Originally Posted by 314joey
I don't where you boat at, but down here by us there's tons of boats out every weekend, not all performance boats, but there's cats, CCs and lots of boat just like mine, come down and enjoy. you won't want to go home, I guarantee it.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Proper way.....tow it to FLA and keep boating
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
I don't know about everyone else but I know that I and another forum member had out boats out 2 days ago here in central Ohio. Such die hard boaters we had to have someone stay on shore to back out trailers down cause the docks were pulled. 24hrs later it was snowing. Talk about cramming in a winterization at the last minute.

Sooooooo how many southern boaters go out in 40 degree weather... if it ever gets that low.
I'm with ya bro. Just put my last one away the day before yesterday just before the cold snap got to us.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know all these comments are made with compassion, we were in the same position several years ago, but I said fock the cold weather and quit and sold everything but the boat and moved.....................as far South as we could go without getting into the Keys.
The warm weather and blue water will still be here when you guys are ready and we'll have the beer cold for you.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
What fun is boating in November if no one else is out there? The SW is weird, you guys could boat all year but no one does. Currently I am only jealous of South Florida
Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
The winterization slap once again. You've got us now but we will talk again, lets say June when its a 100+ where you are at and we are in the perfect season.
I don't where you boat at, but down here by us there's tons of boats out every weekend, not all performance boats, but there's cats, CCs and lots of boat just like mine, come down and enjoy. you won't want to go home, I guarantee it.
Last Summer we stayed down here for the whole Summer and it never got into triple digits, I think the hottest it got was 98, but the year before when we still lived at LOTO, we had over a month from mid July to mid August of 100+ with high humidity, I don't know where everybody gets their info, but it ain't so........................................time to go back out to the pool.

Now, with that being said we are looking to get a condo back at LOTO, but that's just to visit and hang out with our LOTO friends from Memorial Day to Labor Day, then it's South back to paradise.
Slow down and read

Both comments were to the OP, about the Desert SW. I even said I am only Jealous of Florida in the winter.

Chill out, we know aside from reptiles, hurricanes, old people, tourists, water spouts, roaches, fire ants, substandard education system, and immigrants...you guys have it pretty good in Florida
Old 11-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Personally I boat for the love/fun of boating and being out on the water, not because someone else is out there. The added bonus when no one else is around is my beautiful wife stays naked on the boat more often....

Cheers,

Dave
I would rather find girls that I don't know yet, and have them get naked I can see the wife naked anytime

To each their own I guess, but for me going coyote watching on November alone via boat doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I like seeing friends and meeting new people while boating. When the season is over it gives me time to catch up on all the things I ignored for 5 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.