Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Donzi Announces 50th Anniversary 50ZR!!! >

Donzi Announces 50th Anniversary 50ZR!!!

Notices

Donzi Announces 50th Anniversary 50ZR!!!

Old 11-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Had 2008/9 not devastated the boating retail market and Donzi made the right moves, things right now could be very different.
My understanding is Donzi had a 43 ZRC, 50Zx, 50 Zr in the pipeline and the molds for a 50 cat. However, Donzi got into financial trouble, did not handle its dealerships properly, and let go some key people, An up and coming boat maker snatched those people up, said maker then produces a 42' sit down V and 50 Cat, Donzi claims bankruptcy and get snatched by the bank, and said maker makes a big name in center consoles.

Like I said things could be quite different now had ownership of Donzi at the time made some different decisions to survive the low time.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FUNNY! many times the public doesn't get the inside scoop on issues like this. I rented a good movie (from blockbuster) the other day called "flash of genius". Often times it boils down to the "name". Ford doesn't make a "cobra" series mustang any more and the after market is now "shelby" Blah blah blah!

:CH1P:

2007-2008-2009-2010 many companies were on damage control just trying to save face!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premier,

If you would buy Donzi and make a 50'. Why not splash your 43 stretch it make the steps inserts so you can move them around if needed and start a boat company. You could build a plug and molds for probably 100 grand. Worst case you have a couple junk hulls from testing the step placement Maybe 40grand worth of glass each.

Why pay for all of their missteps when you could just go out on your own. I'm sure there are plenty of talented boat builders for hire.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
I think this would bring Donzi back to life. It would at least be a better attempt than their partner Baja is doing. I still cringe at the thought of Donzi and Baja being partners.
Can you imagine being employed at the old Reggie plant and having to make the difficult decision on what shirt to wear to work that day!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Can you imagine being employed at the old Reggie plant and having to make the difficult decision on what shirt to wear to work that day!
Would be easy for me, Donzi every day lol
Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Just go to work dressed as a ninja yelling BANZI!!!!!!