New Donzi Retail Pricing??? >

New Donzi Retail Pricing???

Notices

New Donzi Retail Pricing???

Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 71 Posts
Default New Donzi Retail Pricing???

First, I am a huge Donzi enthusiast and hate seeing the funk they have been in for the last several years and really hope they can recover. That being said, I just saw they released the 2014 build sheet with retail pricing on them. I realize that this is just "MSRP" prices and that noone pays MSRP unless they just have no idea what they are doing. How does Donzi ever expect to get back in it with their ridiculous pricing? They built 0 43ZRs in 2013 (probably 0 boats all together, not sure?) yet they raised the prices by 6 figures on several engine packages.

For example in 2013 a 43 with 1350's had a list price of $989,000 and in 2014 it's up to $1,099,000. Triple 700's in 2013 was at $817,000 and now up to $906,000. This is just base pricing with 0 options!!! Granted most of the options have dropped in price since last year which makes no sense but still.

No idea what this company is thinking lately. Between the POS Baja's they have been releasing and now beyond ridiculous pricing on Donzis (Fountain. Baja, and Pro Line too I'm sure), there is no way they will ever bounce back wish I could just buy Donzi and do it right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512567[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512568[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails New Donzi Retail Pricing???-image.jpg   New Donzi Retail Pricing???-image.jpg  
Old 11-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you think they are worth?(the company)
Old 11-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Registered

Hard to put an accurate valuation on it. They have no facility (the old fountain plant but if Baja ever did sell Donzi obviously the plant wouldn't be part of the deal). They have had little to no sales over the last 2-3 years, they have lost (as far as I know through knowing multiple people that use to work for Donzi in Sarasota) all of their sales, rigging, engineering, and technical talent. Any orders they do get will be Fountain or Baja people rigging them. Not saying they don't know what they are doing but compared to the guys who built the 100's of ZR/ ZX boats in the 2000's, they wouldn't have a clue. Also, I know the classic molds are still in Sarasota. Other than the Donzi name and the ZR molds, there isn't a whole lot worth much these days with Donzi. Just my opinion and I certainly hope things change for the better.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Hard to put an accurate valuation on it. They have no facility (the old fountain plant but if Baja ever did sell Donzi obviously the plant wouldn't be part of the deal). They have had little to no sales over the last 2-3 years, they have lost (as far as I know through knowing multiple people that use to work for Donzi in Sarasota) all of their sales, rigging, engineering, and technical talent. Any orders they do get will be Fountain or Baja people rigging them. Not saying they don't know what they are doing but compared to the guys who built the 100's of ZR/ ZX boats in the 2000's, they wouldn't have a clue. Also, I know the classic molds are still in Sarasota. Other than the Donzi name and the ZR molds, there isn't a whole lot worth much these days with Donzi. Just my opinion and I certainly hope things change for the better.
And just to add who in their rite mind would pay 100 k for a 22 classic? I know i would not,,and also that is with no options as well..not even hyd steering and with the new 502 pkg you know the boat will go over 70 mph and back in the 200g when they put a 496 hp in them and they went into the 70's they still did not put hyd steering on them...Not trying to be negitive but who would pay 1.1 mil for a 43 zr when you can get a much faster boat like a skater or a mti for less money..sorry they are never going to recover...just my o2..
Old 11-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Their pricing is nuts!! Why on earth would anyone pay $640k for twin 700 sc without any options when you could buy a 2008 with the same engines, 225 hours and all the options for $230k? http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o54390-en.html
Old 11-16-2013, 01:55 AM
Registered

So what your saying is the company us worth less than what they would want for one if there boats
Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do they still own the Old factory property in Sarasota?

Last edited by Scott B; 11-16-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have done the same thing to the Baja brand! The boats look like crap and cost twice as much, if the same people are designing the Donzi's you may as well forget it. IMO they have absolutely destroyed the brands!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Donzi building is for sale in Sarasota. I don't believe it's owned by Donzi anymore but not 100% positive on that. The price went up for the 22 classic too. $130,930 MSRP loaded up. That is way out of control wtf are they thinking?
Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Mercury or a major supplier increase the prices of their supplies lately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.