Clearwater Still Negotiating For SBI Worlds >

Clearwater Still Negotiating For SBI Worlds

Notices

Clearwater Still Negotiating For SBI Worlds

Old 11-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Personally I hope they stay in key west as that is a great venue for the worlds. When SBI had the worlds in Deerfield and New Orleans they were lame ..... Been going to the worlds for almost 20 yrs. if they have it in clearwater I probably will pass...
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i love key west but i think carbonelli will go where the most money can be put in his pocket,it,s just business.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I think KW is the most fun anyone can ask for at a race site. Its off the hook cool. As a racer I cant afford to race there for a week without a sponsor and that just doesn't happen unless you know someone. Do we all go there for a race or do we all go for a good time? Racers cant afford it in the smaller classes so we now go to watch. On the other side of the coin you have to look at what will grow the sport. Spectators and fans is what sponsors want so if we want the sport to grow we need to go where the sponsors get the best return on there investment. Its a catch 22. Go
to a party or go to a race venue that may help you to pay for your racing. Follow the money has always been the advice any good businessman will tell you !!!! No money no tickey!!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if SBI leaves KW, i would guess that either OPA or whoever put on the LOTO race will jump on the KW venue, sign a multi-year deal. this would give that organization a strong foot hold and possibly lead too more.

either way i see offshore racing in KW.

nate, you cant compare the 2. KW is like no other for offshore. offshore doesn't have that much too count on too begin with, KW is the one thing that has been pretty consistent. to me they go hand in hand.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

IF SBI drops KW (doubt it) I guarantee races will still happen in kw around the same date. SBI isnt the only offshore show in town. I wouldnt worry too much.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
if SBI leaves KW, i would guess that either OPA or whoever put on the LOTO race will jump on the KW venue, sign a multi-year deal. this would give that organization a strong foot hold and possibly lead too more.

either way i see offshore racing in KW.o

nate, you cant compare the 2. KW is like no other for offshore. offshore doesn't have that much too count on too begin with, KW is the one thing that has been pretty consistent. to me they go hand in hand.
Oh trust me I am not trying to compair the two. If anything just trying to inform people who presume othings about this area without ever really stepping foot or spending any time here. KW will always be a lot more fun....it's the keys.

I get why SBI has the idea to come here though. I see both sides of the coin and like the other thread about this. I think the Keys will still thrive just fine with the poker run and possible other events that could happen.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just moved up to clearwater in may its awesome. There is plenty to do here and lots of place's to party!!!! My wife and I go engaged in key west during the boat races and it was awesome. I love key west and don't want SBI to leave key west but if it was to go any where else I think clearwater is a good place. And no I don't think you will have as many boats or maybe a big poker run in clearwater but it will be a big event and its still warm here in November it was 80+ here today. And no matter what people think there isn't a lot of old people here.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
IF SBI drops KW (doubt it) I guarantee races will still happen in kw around the same date. SBI isnt the only offshore show in town. I wouldnt worry too much.
There might be other offshore sanctioning bodies but the fleets are already a joke in terms of size. Splitting then up more will make it laughable with so many classes and so few boats almost all you have to do is finish the race and you win as it is. Why can't everyone just join forces and put on one amazing show for the worlds?? The races now remind me of a kindergarten talent show where every kid gets a trophy.

Last edited by 302Sport; 11-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
There might be other offshore sanctioning bodies but the fleets are already a joke in terms of size. Splitting then up more will make it laughable with so many classes and so few boats almost all you have to do is finish the race and you win as it is. Why can't everyone just join forces and put on one amazing show for the worlds??
SBI has by far the lowest boat count at races all year...I think you might be confused.
Key West will have a very strong boat count just about no matter what org runs it. The rules are close enough that plenty of teams who run OPA can run SBI and vice versa. There are only 3 class in OPA that I can think of that cant run SBI. 7, 6 (can if that want to run 80) and 4 (can if they want to run 90)
Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
There might be other offshore sanctioning bodies but the fleets are already a joke in terms of size. Splitting then up more will make it laughable with so many classes and so few boats almost all you have to do is finish the race and you win as it is. Why can't everyone just join forces and put on one amazing show for the worlds?? The races now remind me of a kindergarten talent show where every kid gets a trophy.
I'm sure if they could afford KW you would see more boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.