Notices

Wellcraft 23 Nova Spyder

Old 08-12-2002, 01:30 PM
jr

The stringer rot came from the fact they didnt seal the limber holes with resin. They just drilled them and left them at that. With the location of the bilge pump, at least on mine is ahead of the engines, The bilge can hold alot of water that never gets pumped out. The water sloshes around and keeps getting the bare wood wet. Again this is on my twin 86'. When I had my engines out I put a small automatic pump at the stern to get out as much as possible.

Old 08-15-2002, 11:06 AM
CJC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my Nova. I absolutely love it!! It's a '95 with 330hp. I have put just about everything you can put on a boat on this. Silent choice, docking lights, CD, bezels, canvas, graphics...etc. I can get 63 on GPS. You say it is too small and slow?????? What do you want for what you have invested? For the size boat it is, you can't find ANYTHING that rides as nice as this under 25'. The speed......we all want to go faster . I just wanted a boat that did 60..... Now, I want to skip 70 and go right to 80! The bottom paint has to go. You have a whole white boat. Take your time and do something good with it. My graphics got rushed and didn't come out like I wanted (they are still good). Good luck with it!
Attached Thumbnails Wellcraft 23 Nova Spyder-nova1.jpg  
Old 08-15-2002, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Nice looking Nova. Are your graphics paint or vinyl? ANYTHING under '25? My 24 Superboat rides pretty good and it's pretty fast too.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:21 AM
CJC
Registered

The graphics are vinyl. Quite the project. When I said "anything", I was trying not to start a war with people that own a certain 24' boat (B**a). I've never rode in one, but I would say your super boat would be an exception to the quote.

If you know of anyone interested, it's for sale!!!

(315) 625-7421
Old 08-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

CJC, Nice looking boat. Graphics look ok to me
Old 08-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Registered

I always thought that the 94'-95' Nova was a nice alternative to the Baja Outlaw, and certainly not as many around. The bottom paint definately needs to go.

Take a good look at Ike's former Nova, that has to be one of the better Nova's I have ever seen. He must off also taken of the factory swim platform (fiberglass) and replaced with one from extreme marine. Certainly looks tougher with the tubular platform.

With the all white boat (minus the bottom paint) you have an excellent canvass to work with, just be a little creative.

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:30 AM
jb
Registered

I like yur boat CJC
Someone mentioned compared to an outlaw. I have and seen the nova pull a faster 24 outlaw in some bigger water.

Lose the bottom paint and have fun with the graphics!
Have ya figured out what the supports on the ceiling in the cabin are for yet?
Old 08-16-2002, 02:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CJC

Ha your's looks REAL nice I am more than happy with it I don't wont any one to think other wise. 70+ would be nice so I could keep up with the big boys in the salt water as for the bottom paint it will go someday for know I have coverd up the black paint with off white superspeed from HMG. I think the suports on the celing in the cabin are just that suports The deck is prety ridged when you walk on it (or girls dance)
Old 08-16-2002, 07:15 AM
jb
Registered

I think CJC should tell ya what those supports are for!!!!
Nothging to do with structure my friend!!!
Old 08-16-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

My 94 still has the factory graphics on it, not sure how to post a picture. Anyone have an idea for methods/cost of getting a 23' nova painted (just white)? I've got a good friend who owns a sign/vinyl shop who'd love to design some graphics for it.

Quick Reply: Wellcraft 23 Nova Spyder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.