CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS

Notices

CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS

Old 11-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner

So the 2010 and newer Mercury headers are holding up better? Sorry for the questions but I just starting following the CMI saga..

Thanks,
I don't know if that's true, just was told that's when the manufacturing changed/improved...
Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS I have always liked the KE Header[/QUOTE]

I have over 10yrs of hard running on 2 sets of KE headers with no issues ever. They are now called thunder n lightning headers as panther mentioned above. Best value and perf you can get from my experience.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

his outboard runs cmi also, the 557. wonder how these will hold up?
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
PS I have always liked the KE Header

I have over 10yrs of hard running on 2 sets of KE headers with no issues ever. They are now called thunder n lightning headers as panther mentioned above. Best value and perf you can get from my experience.
Will they attach easily to a 525/600/700 engine or are modifications required?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=neva satisfied;4030012]
Yes there is a way to tell. The old style outer tubes ran all the way down to the flange that bolts on to the motor. The Gen-X design does not. They taper in just before the flange. Maybe a half inch or so.
This might help. These are 2011 CMI's
Attached Thumbnails CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS-photo.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=PARADOX;4030041]
Originally Posted by HyFive578

The "rubber" hose system is CMI, the solid water connection is Merc. The gen "X' headers have "turned down" area at the collector box to avoid back splash. With the square collection box, the lower tubes will allow water to the cylinders. or back wash from waves. Actually this came after I had some serious discussions with the CMI dudes.
Collector Box
Attached Thumbnails CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS-photo.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

PPower: What headers did you put on the 600's?
Haven't ordered them yet (new long blocks just got in and getting ready to trailer them down to Florida tomorrow). Going to go with CMI gen x. That's what we went with in the Donzi, hopefully they hold up better being ordered direct through CMI and not through Merc

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512846[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS-image.jpg   CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS-image.jpg   CMI HEADERS 700 BOAT LEAKING NEED lOPTIONS-image.jpg  

Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Thank you for your 2-cents chad but cool is not my goal.

Reliable and making it to all stops is the plan.

Money is not a problem getting educated and sharing imformation is were I am coming from so I only do this once not two or three times.

Oh! how things going with the your new arrival.
They new arrival is baking away and due here in 7-8 weeks. We are as excited as we can be and he is kicking and moving all around. Just very very cool!

The headers from Teague are about as good as you are going to get and if Ron isn't a dealer give me a call and I will have them drop shipped down there with your boat. These are what you need as a replacement...

http://teaguecustommarine.com/gen-x-headers.html

and Merc lists headers for 525, 600, & 700's NLA (no longer avail.) but if I remember right they were 8K a set retail. You should be able to use your tails with these and Ron can check but this is about all there is out there any more.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Paradox (or anybody else)...

Any view on the Hardin Marine 525/600/700 headers. Are they better? Worse ?? I was originally steered away from them not because of quality but because of possible fit issues and the timetable I was on at the time. Now, I'm possibly looking at three sets of headers for a new boat I'm looking at and I have plenty of time. Are Hardin's a better option ? Anyone ??

Since i have already bought two sets of cmi's i am going to go with the Hardin marine ones hopefully they are better
Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=neva satisfied;4030012]
Yes there is a way to tell. The old style outer tubes ran all the way down to the flange that bolts on to the motor. The Gen-X design does not. They taper in just before the flange. Maybe a half inch or so.
THe old.. old... style had double tubes all the way to the flange. Then the co. was sold, changed to the "cool collar" and then the Gen X came out, ALSO with the cool collar design. Prior to the Gen X the collar was the same as the Gen x as shown on the pic. CMI does make a military header, no "cool collar" bs. That's the way to go if you can get a set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.