Notices

Marathon race

Old 08-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marathon race

I just finished watching the marathon race. Good racing! Other than one nasty crash and a roll, it looked like there was some really good hard racing going on. I think that I have to give some of the credit to APBA for their programming. It's clear that this was one of the better episodes that I've seen. They gave coverage to alot of the classes-even some of the slower ones. They also took a moment to explain the different classes. A basic but missing element from their other shows. I also liked them putting the finish orders up to answer the question of who finished where. Thumbs up! Defintely edge of the seat racing!
Old 08-10-2002, 11:37 AM
99Hammer

Cord, I just finished watching it too. I agree great race. Some of those teams really went all out. I hope those guys in the crash's There were 2, (The V-bottom richochet and the cat roll) are ok. Makes me want to do it. I would love too, just dont have the time or $$$ right now.

Old 08-10-2002, 12:06 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I saw parts of it as I was coming in & out of the house. And I did get to see the crash and rollover (good timing going through the house) Can't wait to watch it later when I have more time. I taped it. Those Typhoon boys looked like they made up some ground after getting a bad start. I did see the part were the VR1 boat was picking up the Flag so I guess they didn't make up enough to win.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Never before has APBA put me on the edge of my seat. This episode did it.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Banned

I also thought it was the best episode I've seen. It was amazing what Typhoon did by finishing second when they didn't even have the motor started at the beginning. They just ran out of laps or they would have won.